New GM: Ran Carthon

deeluxx3

The Madden mentality is alive and well.  Package this and that and click the button.  Really?  First of all, RCar knows as much about Lance as anyone so not sure he wants him at all.  If he goes after him for a decent trade I'm fine with it.  Of course anyone actually thinking we would have anything to do with Hopkins with our CAP issues is insane and no way I'd be about any deal that says bye to Simmons.  Besides Henry he is the only Super Star on the team.  We absolutely need to keep Long and Davis.  Long is not just our best LB but our best cover LB.  Davis is a guy we really need unless we plan on replacing both OG, C and LT which is crazy.  

I actually think we should trade back in the first and maybe trade back twice.  Get the best 2nd tier QB we can like Tanner McKee and we then look for BPA at positions of need form there.  We may still end up with Jordan Roos or Corey Levin (maybe both) but we gain some picks and get the best OT and C/G we can.  We also need to find a sleeper WR.  The earlier picks are the easier ones if you use common sense  (avoid boom or bust guys or guys with injury history).  A guy like RCar might find some diamonds in the rough which JRob was actually pretty good at.  

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

The Madden mentality is alive and well.  Package this and that and click the button.  Really?  First of all, RCar knows as much about Lance as anyone so not sure he wants him at all.  If he goes after him for a decent trade I'm fine with it. 

I can't think of a scenario where I would feel good about acquiring Trey Lance.  Either we give up a huge valuable collection of draft picks for an unproven QB ... or we get him cheap meaning Shanahan watched him for two years and decided he wasn't worth that much.  

I'm not ready to give up on Malik yet.  He did look terrible but no one believed he was ready to come in and contribute right away or he wouldn't have fallen to the third round.  Go back and watch tape of Lamar Jackson's first playoff game against the Chargers - guys need time to adjust and let the game slow down.  I'm not saying rely on him for the future but there's no need to trade what little draft capital we have for another unproven QB.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, titanrick said:

I'm not ready to give up on Malik yet.  He did look terrible but no one believed he was ready to come in and contribute right away or he wouldn't have fallen to the third round.  Go back and watch tape of Lamar Jackson's first playoff game against the Chargers - guys need time to adjust and let the game slow down.  I'm not saying rely on him for the future but there's no need to trade what little draft capital we have for another unproven QB.

That's where I am on Willis.  There were flashes of talent there.  And if we're going to roll it back with Tannehill anyway, why not give him more time for seasoning?  Realistically, with the arm he has, and the legs he has, he doesn't have to be a top level QB as a reader of defenses and decision maker to be a starter.  And that's also the areas where rookies typically improve the most over the course of the first couple of years.  If he doesn't improve significantly next year, with (Jesus Christ I hope) better WRs, better OLs, and a better OC, then it will be time to worry.

If nothing else, him showing some growth next season would jack up his trade value if we decide he's not the future, or a better option happens to be in reach in next year's draft.  Or hell, use him like the Saints used Taysom Hill.  Regardless, it's way to early to call him a failed project.

Oh yeah, it’s easy to say why and how he connects with people. Extremely likable guy. Interview starts at about the 31:45 mark.

And not that I wasn’t before but I’m all in on him, just for the fact that he calls ramen noodles, “oodles and noodles”. Iykyk.

• Like 1