New GM: Ran Carthon

deeluxx3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't expect him to move. No team will give up what it would take to get him and the niners have no reason to give him up for what people are willing to pay.

Just one of those weird impasses 

It really is interesting, because do you wait until you’re in a Jordan Love spot with him or just try to get some kind of return? I guess it depends on how you feel about Purdy? 

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

What do you think it would take?

I don't even answer the phone for less than a mid first. Personally, I still want him to be the starter at the beginning of next year. The only thing worse than spending 3 first round picks on a player is to spend those picks on that player, trade him after three games for like a second, and have him blow up elsewhere. Nobody will pay that of course, but that is kind of the point too. 

But I will say, if shanny does move him for like a second or something, that says more than any fan of a team acquiring him would want it to say if we are being honest. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't even answer the phone for less than a mid first. Personally, I still want him to be the starter at the beginning of next year. The only thing worse than spending 3 first round picks on a player is to spend those picks on that player, trade him after three games for like a second, and have him blow up elsewhere. Nobody will pay that of course, but that is kind of the point too. 

But I will say, if shanny does move him for like a second or something, that says more than any fan of a team acquiring him would want it to say if we are being honest. 

i was thinking the same thing. if he goes for any less than a first that means someone’s getting a reclamation project. 

• Like 2

Love it love it love it.

SF is built pretty well and who knows how much of a hand he had in that but Im a fan. Heard nothing but good things about him and him just needing his shot and we can get that NE mindset of not paying your good players out of here 

Maybe he brings in some 49er FAs.. Any Oline or WRs? lol 

AND the trey lance thing needs to stop. Theres no way. Jimmy G would be more likely hahaha

So talking about Trey Lance.

Sounds like Lance was the scouts pick and Kyle Shanahan wanted Mac Jones.  Mainly because his offense doesn't call for the athleticism or strong arm. It needs accuracy timing. All the things that Purdy is good at, similar to Jimmy G and even Mac Jones to a degree.

Scouts didn't think Jones was worth a top pick like that because he is limited. Which he has shown to be. 

So what kind of offense will we be? Do we need a QB like Lance/Tannehiill, or can we draft a lower round guy or go with someone not aas high profile and see success?