Divisional Round GDT: Cowboys @ 49ers - Keep it Rolling

D82

I have a theory… I think the NFL really wants a cowboys/eagles nfc championship game.  It could easily set all time records.  We’ve all seen the cowboys get royally screwed by officials in recent playoff history.  The Dez catch, the 12 men in the huddle 15 yard penalty, spotting the ball… I could go on and on.  Maybe we’ll actually get some calls go our way?!?!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I have a theory… I think the NFL really wants a cowboys/eagles nfc championship game.  It could easily set all time records.  We’ve all seen the cowboys get royally screwed by officials in recent playoff history.  The Dez catch, the 12 men in the huddle 15 yard penalty, spotting the ball… I could go on and on.  Maybe we’ll actually get some calls go our way?!?!

We have the best crew for this game. A very “let ‘em play” crew. 

The 49ers are one of the worst matchups for Dallas. They have an elite defense and are a very physical, running team. C-Mac, Deebo, Kittle and co. will be a lot for our defense to contain. Our pass rush will be stifled a bit due to Trent Williams. He will probably shutdown anyone rushing on the left side.

After the game of his career, Dak Prescott has shown that his play is near elite level in the playoffs. He will want his revenge from last years loss. Micah and co. will have to cause havoc and get to Purdy to create some turnovers.

I think the winner of this game will represent the NFC in the SB. I see the Cowboys losing a close one as the 49ers have too much talent and are extremely well coached. However, if the Cowboys find a way to win this one, they will have proved that they are real contenders (for the 1st time in 28 yrs). All of the doubters will be silenced. 

Dallas - 24

49ers - 27

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

It says a lot about our fans that the QB can have one of the best playoff performances by a Cowboys QB literally ever and yet these dumb conversations about his ability continue. 

One game isn’t going to stop the criticism. One of the main complaints of Dak is lack of consistency. For instance, prior to the TB game his highest rated game of the season was the Vikings game. He was brilliant that game. The very next week, he threw sub 270 yards and 2 interceptions against the Giants. We were losing 13-7 at the half of that game. We eventually won 28-20, but the point remains. Dak has got to put it together for more than a single game if he wants to silence his critics. 

He has a golden opportunity to do that today against one of the best defenses in the league. I’ll be rooting for him. 

Edited by DaBoys

57 minutes ago, D82 said:

Today's the 3 year anniversary of my best friend passing...so I may not be here much. But here's hoping Dallas doesn't disappoint. 

I don't recall this. Remember the good stuff though. We'll hold the fort down. But I'm sure he or she, would want you to watch the Boys and help with a victory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

One game isn’t going to stop the criticism. One of the main complaints of Dak is lack of consistency. For instance, prior to the TB game his highest rated game of the season was the Vikings game. He was brilliant that game. The very next week, he threw sub 270 yards and 2 interceptions against the Giants. We were losing 13-7 at the half of that game. We eventually won 28-20, but the point remains. Dak has got to put it together for more than a single game if he wants to silence his critics. 

He has a golden opportunity to do that today against one of the best defenses in the league. I’ll be rooting for him. 

One thing I will say about Dak Prescott and all his inconsistencies. I trust him in the playoffs more than I do Tony Romo.

Edited by Tony7188