Divisional Round GDT: Cowboys @ 49ers - Keep it Rolling

D82

47 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

One thing I will say about Dak Prescott and all his inconsistencies. I trust him in the playoffs more than I do Tony Romo.

He was pretty good in the Dez non catch game. 2TDs 0 picks and only 4 incompletions. 

I’ll take that from Dak all day every day. 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He was pretty good in the Dez non catch game. 2TDs 0 picks and only 4 incompletions. 

He was good in the Giants game also where dumb a$$ Crayton dropped a pass and also gave up on the fly route. F'er.

Romo really wasn't bad in the few playoff games he played in.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I would take Dak’s 2016 playoff game vs. the Packers over that one, even though the 2014 Romo game was great. The stats show that Dak has been a little better in the playoffs also.

Edited by Tony7188

22 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

He was good in the Giants game also where dumb a$$ Crayton dropped a pass and also gave up on the fly route. F'er.

Yep. Romo was bitten by some bad luck and a bad call. I don’t think anyone could convince me Dallas doesn’t make a better playoff push in ‘16 with Romo at the helm either. 

• Like 2

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Yep. Romo was bitten by some bad luck and a bad call. I don’t think anyone could convince me Dallas doesn’t make a better playoff push in ‘16 with Romo at the helm either. 

I agree, barring lingering injury issue. But regardless Romo or Dak, the defense let us down. 3 and 25 or whatever it was allowing the reception for the gaming FG.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Him coming in for the first drive of the final game that season and completely shredding the Eagles in his last drive ever is definitely one of my favorite memories from that season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

And yet if you read this forums posts during those games, or for the month or so after them, they would leave one to believe that Romo was the single reason the team lost, and that he was the third string QB who was forced to step in on short notice.

Crazy how so many things can change, and yet everything stays the same ...

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I would take Dak’s 2016 playoff game vs. the Packers over that one, even though the 2014 Romo game was great. The stats show that Dak has been a little better in the playoffs also.

Meh.. he was pretty bad in the first half of that game. Had an ugly pick to Micah Hyde and put us in catch up mode from the get. Yea he came storming back to make it close but that’s kind of his calling card. A pitiful start that sets us back and a great come back to make it close.

Reminds me if being down 23-7 in the 4th quarter to the 49ers last year. But all you hear about is how close the game was 🙃

As for Romo he was pretty terrible in the Vikings playoff loss and don’t get me started on the fumbled fg hold against Seattle 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Meh.. he was pretty bad in the first half of that game. Had an ugly puck to Micah Hyde and put us in catch up mode from the get. Yea he came storming back to make it close but that’s kind of his calling card. A pitiful start that sets us back and a great come back to make it close.

Reminds me if being down 23-7 in the 4th quarter to the 49ers last year. But all you hear about is how close the game was 🙃

As for Romo he was pretty terrible in the Vikings playoff loss and don’t get me started on the fumbled fg hold against Seattle 

To this DAY I AM PISSED THAT ROMO GETS ANY HEAT FOR THE FG HOLD....    IT should never by your starting QB's job to hold for the kick... HE has a ton of things to worry about rather then spending practice time holding kicks and practice holding.  

Just now, quiller said:

To this DAY I AM PISSED THAT ROMO GETS ANY HEAT FOR THE FG HOLD....    IT should never by your starting QB's job to hold for the kick... HE has a ton of things to worry about rather then spending practice time holding kicks and practice holding.  

And yet I'll say it again...

Look over this forum or the official DC.com forums where I was the admin back at the time, and the posts would lead one to believe it was all Romos fault. That Romo was a worse QB than Quincy Carter and that Chad Hutchinson could have won that game because Romo was that awful and always was in every single game he ever played in his entire career.

But now that he's long retired, people realize how good he actually was and how so few of those shortcomings belong on his shoulders alone.

Dak is simply reliving the same story. Hopefully, hopefully! He can create a better ending by QbIng this much better team to a much better ending than Romo was able to. 

27 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Meh.. he was pretty bad in the first half of that game. Had an ugly puck to Micah Hyde and put us in catch up mode from the get. Yea he came storming back to make it close but that’s kind of his calling card. A pitiful start that sets us back and a great come back to make it close.

Ha, you really brought up the Vikings. He got murdered in that game by the defense. Come on man, you've posted enough on this forum, I know you know football. He was by far not the problem in that game.  As a QB he played fine. Why no blame what his face WR that what, fumbled the ball on our own 1 or something stupid like that.

Bust my balls all you want if you think I'm defending the QB at all costs. I'm really not just don't have selective memory. Also if I recall, Parcells was so conservative against a terrible secondary of Seattle. Wasn't one CB like signed of his coach a week earlier?

Edited by HDsportsfan