Ezekiel Elliott is Washed Up

DaBoys

39 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

I mean, that was your first mistake, to be fair.

In hindsight, yes. You couldn’t tell me i was wrong the first few years though when Zeke was a 1500+ Yard RB and Ramsey was causing off the field problems in Jacksonville. 

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

In hindsight, yes. You couldn’t tell me i was wrong the first few years though when Zeke was a 1500+ Yard RB and Ramsey was causing off the field problems in Jacksonville. 

Yes, it was still wrong at the time. An old Darren McFadden who was on his way out of the league was a top 5 rusher the year before while the team had no QB or passing game to speak of for defenses to worry about.

The whole point of investing so heavily in the offensive line was so that you didn’t have to invest in a RB to have a strong running game. Any competent RB with volume was going to absolutely shine.

And we ended up passing on the best CB prospect of the decade as a result. Meanwhile, we had Leon McFadden giving up touchdown passes to Antonio Brown in the middle of the season. It was always absolutely horrendous process to use that pick on Zeke instead of Ramsey. But Jerry got starry eyed and fell into the trap of mantras like “the ball will always be in his hands” to justify simply bad process. You absolutely always take the shutdown CB over the RB in any and all circumstances. Let alone when your OL is so great that it turns replacement level players into top 5 rushers in the entire league regardless.

Edited by BigD88
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Did you see Zeke at center on the last play? I’m just messin but blocking back isn’t a position worth keeping. 

Not just to block but tough yards and goal line. Now that's minimal and can't cost a ton. Saw Pollard in the backfield and he helped Dak get killed a few plays.

10 hours ago, BigD88 said:

Yes, it was still wrong at the time. An old Darren McFadden who was on his way out of the league was a top 5 rusher the year before while the team had no QB or passing game to speak of for defenses to worry about.

The whole point of investing so heavily in the offensive line was so that you didn’t have to invest in a RB to have a strong running game. Any competent RB with volume was going to absolutely shine.

And we ended up passing on the best CB prospect of the decade as a result. Meanwhile, we had Leon McFadden giving up touchdown passes to Antonio Brown in the middle of the season. It was always absolutely horrendous process to use that pick on Zeke instead of Ramsey. But Jerry got starry eyed and fell into the trap of mantras like “the ball will always be in his hands” to justify simply bad process. You absolutely always take the shutdown CB over the RB in any and all circumstances. Let alone when your OL is so great that it turns replacement level players into top 5 rushers in the entire league regardless.

Yeah, I’ve learned my lesson. It won’t happen again. I was caught up in the glitz