2 Round Mock Draft - First of the Season

Rich7sena

How's LB a weakness for MN? Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks are both exceptional players. Can't see MN letting either walk when their contracts expire. Ben Gedeon plays WLB but he doesn't play as much as Mackensie Alexander. Seems odd to use a first on a sub package player. Gedeon isn't even that bad for what his role is.

MN should address QB, OG and DT early.

At Right Guard, Joe Berger is likely to retire.

At DT, Tom Johnson and Shamar Stephen are FAs, Sharrif Floyds career is likely over.

QB is anyone's guess.

Connor Williams is a great pick for the Ravens and would fill a much needed spot on the roster in large part for the reason you identified.

The 2nd round pick for the Ravens is not as good though imo.  Flacco is not the same QB he was in 2010-12 when he'd frequently heave a ball deep and wait for Torrey Smith to run under it.  Flacco needs a big bodied, possession receiver - and I don't think Deon Cain is that (plus Breshad Perriman and Chris Moore who are the last 2 WRs drafted by the Ravens are apparently deep threats).

On 11/28/2017 at 6:06 AM, drd23 said:

Flacco is not the same QB he was in 2010-12 when he'd frequently heave a ball deep and wait for Torrey Smith to run under it.  Flacco needs a big bodied, possession receiver

He needed a big bodied possession receiver in 2010-2012 too. That was the period of his career when he had one.    It's not a coincidence that Flacco was never the same after the Ravens unloaded Anquan Boldin.  The problem is the Ravens don't appear to realize this and they have made no effort to get him one. 

Vikings don't typically use 3 LB's all that often and with Barr and Kendricks, Smith wouldn't see much time. But Smith would be damn fun on this defense.

Most likely if they go defense in R1 I would assume it would be a 3 tech to replace Tom Johnson even with Jaleel Johnson drafted last year. Even possibly another CB round 1 with Rhodes, Waynes, and Alexander all on the roster.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, DawgX said:

Don't think I could complain about Cleveland's draft at all. Them drafting a RB really just depends on what happens with Crowell, but at this point I don't see them resigning him.

That class is great ! Pass on backs with speed like Jones or Love to take a big back to complement Duke. Make your choice among Barkley, Harris, Guice, K.Johnson, Freeman, Chubb, Adams etc even that Jarvion Franklin from West Michigan is intriguing and seems very good ! Crowell can easily be upgraded via the draft. You right.

Archived