Byron Leftwich has been fired- OFFICIAL

ravishingone

40 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Thank God Praise Jesus GIF by Chicks on the Right

Amazing, Leftwich could have been the HC of the Jags, but thought he could leverage Adrian Wilson to be his GM.  Jags went Pedersen and are in the playoffs.  At best, I believe Leftwich might land as a QB coach somewhere.  What a remarkable fall.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Amazing, Leftwich could have been the HC of the Jags, but thought he could leverage Adrian Wilson to be his GM.  Jags went Pedersen and are in the playoffs.  At best, I believe Leftwich might land as a QB coach somewhere.  What a remarkable fall.  

imo there was never really a fall

i credit everything that our offense did in previous years to BA

the only "fall" is the perception in the media that NOW he's not as good, when the situation really was that he never deserved a job to begin with (as evidence by his atrocious play calling and even worse interviews about the results)

if he gets any new job in the NFL he better thank his lucky stars, but ultimately I believe he will fail in any new position as well

Leftwich sucked

People keep saying well he led us to the SB and a high scoring offense in 2021, no. Arians had input with the play calling. Dude got exposed

We run the same 4 deep passing concepts, slam the run on first down often when we suck at running. He’s not a smart coach and it was very obvious. He held us back all season long. You’re not a good coach if you need EVERYTHING to be perfect to succeed. the NFL is just brutal, people are going to get hurt and be in and out of lineups. 

Look at Bowles for example, our defensive guys were banged up all year. He still mustered up a good defense so no Leftwich doesnt get a pass. Especially considering the offense is way more talented than the defensive side of ball. Dude never adjusted to his personnel, never made tweaks to the pass schemes besides 1H of Bengals. I dont feel sorry for him, bye Leftwich.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If I'm an bigger name or up and coming OC looking at this job, I want 100% clarity on the QB situation before I come onboard.

Which tells me, it's not gonna be one of those guys.

This is a very valid point.  However, I do think the Glazers have made it very clear they want Brady to return and will let him basically choose the OC.  I believe Brady is savvy enough to realize he needs to give the team an answer pretty quickly whether he will return under that scenerio, so they can get his approved OC.  Very interesting to see how this plays out.  If it is BOB or Monken, i believe Brady returns.  Anyone else, I think Brady is gone.  

• Like 1