Ravens OC Greg Roman steps down

TheRealMcCoy

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think the inspiration is moreso to not have to admit the mistake of keeping him around so long in the first place, but yeah, that too.

I disagree. It appears to be a courtesy that doesn't really have any downside. There wasn't anything embarrassing for the Ravens in retaining Wink until they let him go, but it was still publicized as a mutual parting of ways.

Well that means Lamar Jackson is probably out of Baltimore. 

Kind of surprising because honestly they have had tons of injuries at RB obviously and on the offensive line, Bateman has been out what most of the year.  No crap the offense is not great, much less Lamar Jackson being injured for so long also!

It is pathetic because Deshaun Watson is an ******* of a person, but now every QB wants full guaranteed contracts which is pretty ridiculous.  Lamar actually kind of deserves it though unlike Watson.  

The receivers have to be improved no question but that team did almost beat the Bengals last week in the playoffs with a backup QB!  That defense is legit and have super stars potentially at every level.

24 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Ten OC jobs now open.

Yeah and two guys in college Ryan Day and Todd Monken who should honestly be in the NFL.  Ryan Day as a Head coach and Todd Monken as a offensive coordinator.  Both are really great offensive coaches.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Why would this mean that?

We lost Hollywood Brown because of Roman's system. We've missed out on numerous FA WR's because of Roman's system. Our RB1 is blatantly pissed off at Roman because Roman refuses to even use him. Yeah, we were able to run the ball and keep the game close because our defense is tremendous, but we are the worst passing offense in the NFL and Roman is squarely to blame for that.

He's arguably the best run-game mind in the NFL, but his run game depends on having big bodies everywhere, which significantly hampers your passing attack because it means you have 1-2 legit passing options on every play OR defenses know you're not running the ball.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

At this point I doubt he'll take a paycut like that. We had to make him an associate head coach + OC to keep him after 2019

Oh yeah it's just a pipe dream of mine. Especially with this many OC openings around the league. I imagine Roman is named a new teams OC before the SB

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would definitely say it is an indicator of the opposite. The offense had gotten stale and the scheme/personnel was becoming limiting with Jackson. If they were planning on a new QB, especially a young one, they'd be more inclined to keep the continuity on the scheme and playcalling.

• Like 1