Ravens OC Greg Roman steps down

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

You do realize every one of those guys you brought up I already did in a previous post myself outside of the second tear guys like McGlinchey etc. who has no business being compared on the same level to Orlando Brown Jr.  And I would give Brown Jr the nod over say Conklin because Conklin cannot go play LT if need be, Armstead gets hurt all the time it seems and Ramczyk is another where not sure he could just go again the play LT either.  Dawkins I like but he is only a LT and is great in pass pro but not so great as a run blocker always.

You said:

Who are the 8 tackles better than Orlando Brown Jr?  Regardless of LT or RT. 

You did not say name ones you haven't listed already as being worse than Brown in your opinion. I named more than 8 who I think are better. Pretty simple. You used guys being younger than Brown or older than Brown as an excuse to not list them higher. But there are clearly more than 8 guys better than him right now.

I don't value being able to play both sides nearly as much as you do, I'll say that outright. They can only play one spot at once. Swing tackles are really valuable as backups, but for the starters I really couldn't care less if they can play both sides, considering I plan on them playing one going into the season. Brown being able to play RT means nothing for us, because there is no roster situation that would result in us putting him there. Additionally, a player not having done a thing does not mean he cannot do it. Conklin played LT in college. Who is to say he couldn't do so in the pros? You say Dawkins is great in pass pro but not good as a run blocker, but Brown has been a poor run blocker for us, so how is that different?

Also, I deleted this part of the quote, but Jaylon Smith still isn't good. The LBs have been basically the worst part of the Giants roster this season, at best the second worst after the right side of their OL. Just because he has 88 tackles doesn't mean he is playing well and making plays. There is a reason both Dallas and Green Bay cut him. The Giants LBs are the reason they're like the second worst team in the league in yards per rush allowed, despite having an all-pro at NT.