Dolphins fire DC Josh Boyer

Trentwannabe

Mixed feelings about this one. When we first retained him, I didn't hate it as I thought it could be some stability to the defense during the transition between head coaches. While our pass defense completely fell apart, a lot of it wasn't his fault - as we had a ton of injuries to our defensive secondary forcing us to start practice squad guys, more or less. At the same time, we have way too much talent at edge for our pass rush to be as bad as it was, which seems like a scheme issue. His insistence at running the Cover 0 despite no longer having an elite secondary was a major issue. Still, the defense played really hard the last few weeks, including the game against the Bills in the playoffs.

It's probably for the best though. I'm interested to see who McDaniel has in mind to bring in. Sniping Vic Fangio from Atlanta/Carolina would be the dream, and it was reported McDaniel was interested in him before the decision to retain Boyer was made, but we'll see.