Casey Hayward has allowed a 1.3 passer rating from week 7 onwards

Bolts223

From Week 7 onwards he has allowed a passer rating of 1.3 on throws into his coverage. 

23 targets
7 receptions
74 yards
0 TDs
4 INTs

For a defense that is mostly recognized for what it has up front in Bosa + Ingram, I think Hayward deserves some recognition as one of the best corners in the game.

PFF stats....nevermind.

Opposing QBs in that time frame
 - Siemian (Denver Offense)
 - Brady (NE Offense)
 - Bortles (Jaguars Offense)
 - HoFer Peterman & Lucky to still have a job Taylor (Bills offense)

...So you'll have to excuse me if I don't get excited here.

Hayward has been one of the most underrated corners in the league for quite a while now and one that the Packers sure could use, but let's look at these "stats" a bit more objectively and with context.

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Shame he’s too small to play in that incredible Packers secondary.

The reason he walked was because the Bolts gave him a 3 year, $15,300,000 contract.  The average salary for a non-elite corner - which is what he was before he signed that contract -  isn't  $5M a year.  This development of Hayward is more of a condemnation of the Packers' defensive coaching staff more than the abilities of the secondary players still on our roster.

8 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm beginning to think Ted Thompson sucks at his job.

You'd be wrong.  It ain't Thompson.  After all, it was Thompson that drafted him.  It was Dom Capers that inexplicably tried to play Hayward as an outside CB when his skills allow him to thrive in the slot (where I'm pretty sure he's playing for the Chargers).  You don't pay a CB 5 million a year when your coordinator wants him to do something that he can't do, especially not after a promising year by two rookie corners (Randall, Rollins). 

It's easy as a non-Packer fan to point blame at Thompson for not re-signing him, but it wasn't Thompson.  It was Capers.  Why do you think that Hayward and Hyde have both gone on to perform exceptionally well for other teams by playing different positions for other teams?  Is it because Thompson is bad at evaluating talent, or is it because Dom Capers would have Von Miller play safety and he'd turn Earl Thomas into a linebacker and come up with a cute name for that particular package.  Psycho formation, Nitro, NASCAR...

I've been saying for the better part of two years that it's not Capers and it's not Thompson, it's both of them working together.  I'm wrong.  It's Capers.  You don't consistently find that much talent late in the draft, you don't find a franchise left tackle in the fourth round, you don't find an all-pro DL in the fourth round.  You don't hit on every single receiver you've taken between the 2nd and 3rd round if you're a bad GM.  You could say he's a bad GM for letting those two players go, but I'd come right back with "Why keep them if they sucked when they played for us?" and, "How can you suck at retaining talent when you re-signed a top 5 LT at the price we re-signed Bakhtiari?" 

39 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You'd be wrong.  It ain't Thompson.  After all, it was Thompson that drafted him.  It was Dom Capers that inexplicably tried to play Hayward as an outside CB when his skills allow him to thrive in the slot (where I'm pretty sure he's playing for the Chargers).  You don't pay a CB 5 million a year when your coordinator wants him to do something that he can't do, especially not after a promising year by two rookie corners (Randall, Rollins). 

It's easy as a non-Packer fan to point blame at Thompson for not re-signing him, but it wasn't Thompson.  It was Capers.  Why do you think that Hayward and Hyde have both gone on to perform exceptionally well for other teams by playing different positions for other teams?  Is it because Thompson is bad at evaluating talent, or is it because Dom Capers would have Von Miller play safety and he'd turn Earl Thomas into a linebacker and come up with a cute name for that particular package.  Psycho formation, Nitro, NASCAR...

I've been saying for the better part of two years that it's not Capers and it's not Thompson, it's both of them working together.  I'm wrong.  It's Capers.  You don't consistently find that much talent late in the draft, you don't find a franchise left tackle in the fourth round, you don't find an all-pro DL in the fourth round.  You don't hit on every single receiver you've taken between the 2nd and 3rd round if you're a bad GM.  You could say he's a bad GM for letting those two players go, but I'd come right back with "Why keep them if they sucked when they played for us?" and, "How can you suck at retaining talent when you re-signed a top 5 LT at the price we re-signed Bakhtiari?" 

Hayward is playing outside CB in San Diego, I watched him cover Dez most of Thanksgiving.

Just comes down to the fact that Casey was always hurt here. Missed all of 2013, played hurt most of 2015 and was far outplayed by Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins. 2012 and 2014 when he was healthy he was great.

Archived