Darnell Wright

dll2000

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe his point was he's a WR he'd love in round 2 how Pickens was last year?

That seemed pretty evident to me. Hyatt scares me personally. What’s he got when he’s not two tenths of a second faster than everyone covering him? NFL defensive backs are fast too.  

As far as the Tennessee WRs go, I personally lean Tillman over Hyatt in terms of preference for us to target. He just seems to have the more complete and diverse skill set, and honestly, I think that’s what we need more. We have super fast guys. Mooney ran sub-4.4. Jones ran 4.31. We have 1 guy with a WR1 body who can work all 3 levels, and he underwhelmed after we acquired him in November and is currently slated to be an UFA after next season. I think Tillman can be that kind of player, and he produced huge numbers in that same Tennessee offense in 2021 as Hyatt did in 2022 and came into the season with R1/2 hype before he missed half the season with an ankle injury.

All of this is probably moot anyway - if Hyatt runs 4.3 or less like he’s expected to he’ll probably go top 20 anyway, which IMO is way too high for him. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

That seemed pretty evident to me. Hyatt scares me personally. What’s he got when he’s not two tenths of a second faster than everyone covering him? NFL defensive backs are fast too.  

As far as the Tennessee WRs go, I personally lean Tillman over Hyatt in terms of preference for us to target. He just seems to have the more complete and diverse skill set, and honestly, I think that’s what we need more. We have super fast guys. Mooney ran sub-4.4. Jones ran 4.31. We have 1 guy with a WR1 body who can work all 3 levels, and he underwhelmed after we acquired him in November and is currently slated to be an UFA after next season. I think Tillman can be that kind of player, and he produced huge numbers in that same Tennessee offense in 2021 as Hyatt did in 2022 and came into the season with R1/2 hype before he missed half the season with an ankle injury.

All of this is probably moot anyway - if Hyatt runs 4.3 or less like he’s expected to he’ll probably go top 20 anyway, which IMO is way too high for him. 

IMO he's Will Fuller. We'll see if he can avoid injury every 7th snap however

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think a healthy Fuller is a pretty good comp for Hyatt. And that’s a useful player for sure - just a limited one. 

Interesting that Fuller didn't catch on anywhere. I wonder if his medical history turned teams off or if he is still not healthy.

16 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe his point was he's a WR he'd love in round 2 how Pickens was last year?

Well the above was more my point but the below is frankly a lot funnier

16 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

they both have the letters "WR" next to their name on the roster

I really don't think he'll go in the first round,  if we're able to pick up another second with a trade down I think Hyatt would look great going deep for Fields.  I get the knock on him is size and build but if you watch him block he kind of reminds me of Mooney where he's not afraid to mix it up with bigger dudes.