2023 OC

paraven

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No idea who he is, but I think Philly's OC would be a good hire in Baltimore. Downfield passing system with a heavy zone read type downhill running game, utilizing Lamar's athletic ability.

Definitely would the offense I want to imitate. Obviously we don't have AJ Brown and Devonta Smith, but that's what I want the spacing to look like anyway. We don't need cramped heavy looks to have a good to great running game with our personnel. We want receivers on the boundaries to create more room in the middle of the field, where Lamar is at his best pocket passing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Definitely would the offense I want to imitate. Obviously we don't have AJ Brown and Devonta Smith, but that's what I want the spacing to look like anyway. We don't need cramped heavy looks to have a good to great running game with our personnel. We want receivers on the boundaries to create more room in the middle of the field, where Lamar is at his best pocket passing. 

I think you can still bring in a lot of those concepts while utilizing some 2 TE looks or putting Andrews in the slot on occasion.

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Leftwich was God awful this year in Tampa. Nearly every Tampa fan wanted him gone as bad as we wanted Roman gone...I'd stay far away from Byron tbh

Yet if he does well here we would only need him to do well for one year before he ascends to HC and supplies us two 3rd round picks.

He was awful sure, but he was awful with WRs in and out of the lineup, along with a multitude of OL injuries, not really having a good RB, and Brady being on a decline.

It could be that Bruce Arians was the lynchpin for production, but out of the options presented, I’ve got some confidence that Leftwich could bounce back and the down year should humble him as well.

I mean guys like Monken had some mediocre to down years and so have plenty of good coordinators.

At the very least I would probably consider bringing Leftwich in as our QB coach (in the event Urban moves on for a better opportunity).

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

No idea who he is, but I think Philly's OC would be a good hire in Baltimore. Downfield passing system with a heavy zone read type downhill running game, utilizing Lamar's athletic ability.

But would Philly's OC take a lateral position to be in Baltimore, or are we talking about moving him up a level? Otherwise I don't know why he would leave that job for the uncertainty that is our entire offense right now lol

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

But would Philly's OC take a lateral position to be in Baltimore, or are we talking about moving him up a level? Otherwise I don't know why he would leave that job for the uncertainty that is our entire offense right now lol

Correct. Perhaps if their QB guy is on the same page as the OC, for example. Purely talking scheme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Correct. Perhaps if their QB guy is on the same page as the OC, for example. Purely talking scheme.

Brian Johnson is their QB coach. Looks like he’s waiting to see if the OC leaves for a HC job with the Colts. If he does, then he’s looking to stick with the Eagles for the OC position.