2023 OC

paraven

I saw Brian Flores took the DC job with the Vikes rather than wait until after the Super Bowl to see if he could be HC of the Cards. 

Should the Ravens have been more proactive and hire the best guy they've interviewed so far? Is it a mistake to wait until after the Super Bowl to see if maybe Bieniemy will take the OC job here? 

I saw the Bucs are set to interview Canales for their OC job. It would be a shame if Canales is our frontrunner but we lose him because we thought someone better might come along but never does. 

17 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I saw Brian Flores took the DC job with the Vikes rather than wait until after the Super Bowl to see if he could be HC of the Cards. 

Should the Ravens have been more proactive and hire the best guy they've interviewed so far? Is it a mistake to wait until after the Super Bowl to see if maybe Bieniemy will take the OC job here? 

I saw the Bucs are set to interview Canales for their OC job. It would be a shame if Canales is our frontrunner but we lose him because we thought someone better might come along but never does. 

I wouldn’t worry, I’d say that if Canales was the front runner then he would already have the job. I doubt we let someone we consider that highly go.

I think he’s probably strongly in the running, but if Canales chooses to sign early to take the OC position within a franchise that might see him packing his bags in another year (if they have another poor season) vs waiting to see if our OC job calls his name then that’s poor decision making IMO.

Not to mention the added time might allow for Canales to see if the Lamar situation sorts itself out for the better (though I don’t anticipate it will quite so soon, but what do I know), so there’s some inherent benefit for him. Lastly, he’s in a good spot there in Seattle, so if it’s not a good scenario, then ultimately, he’s got a good thing going. He’ll have a shot again next season I’m sure. Even if Geno falls off, that would be the expected result for most people I’d imagine.

Though if he takes the TB job that probably makes things ultimately a bit easier of a decision. Personally I’d probably see about going with Brian Angelicio and then if James Urban leaves, hiring Byron Leftwich to be Lamar’s QB coach.

Could be the best of both worlds. Urban is probably never going to have a better shot at OC than right now and so if he doesn’t get it, I can see him making a play at the TB job as well. Plus it would put Leftwich within our pipeline and back on track to a potential HC gig down the road (two 3rd round picks).

11 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Idk if either is the right guy or not. But it’s definitely the right direction. The RPO is what you need to do with a QB like Jackson. Not all that pistol **** Greg Roman does

We need to be running way more PA boots than we do. A PA boot with a QB like Lamar is always going to hold the backside defender. That opens a ton of stuff up in the stretch run game because the backside OLB/DE is never pursuing down the line. Then when you run the boot the defender has to either commit to coming downhill at Jackson or staying in coverage. You run those on first down it should be an easy 4 yards every time.

48 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Worth noting that McCoy also accused Chip Kelly of racism. Idk. It could be true but hasn’t seemed to hurt KC

Yeah i’d like to get a KC fans insight on it. There does seem to be another former player in the comments who said “he’s right” or something along those lines. There’s gotta be something to him constantly flubbing the HC interviews but hopefully this ain’t it because in 2023 people don’t take kindly to hard coaching anymore lol

12 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah i’d like to get a KC fans insight on it. There does seem to be another former player in the comments who said “he’s right” or something along those lines. There’s gotta be something to him constantly flubbing the HC interviews but hopefully this ain’t it because in 2023 people don’t take kindly to hard coaching anymore lol

Speculation is it's not just hard coaching, it's more talking down to and cussing out players. IIRC, Mahomes had a heated exchange with Bieniemy on the sidelines this past year; not a guy you typically see being emotional, especially not towards a coach. So, maybe there is some truth to what Shady is saying.

All that aside, I still don't want to take the gamble on him, as I believe the combination of Reid and Mahomes is what makes that offense so prolific. Bieniemy is at best a bit player, IMO. No need to waste a season of Lamar trying to see what Bieniemy can do on his own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Speculation is it's not just hard coaching, it's more talking down to and cussing out players. IIRC, Mahomes had a heated exchange with Bieniemy on the sidelines this past year; not a guy you typically see being emotional, especially not towards a coach. So, maybe there is some truth to what Shady is saying.

All that aside, I still don't want to take the gamble on him, as I believe the combination of Reid and Mahomes is what makes that offense so prolific. Bieniemy is at best a bit player, IMO. No need to waste a season of Lamar trying to see what Bieniemy can do on his own.

Canales would be a guy I think everyone would be on board with