Vikings fire DC Ed Donatell

Forge

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yeah...he's not great. 

He’s awful. Amazing how many games the Vikes managed to win with the 31st ranked defense. Kind of knew they’d get shredded come playoff time unfortunately. Not sure what direction they go but finding a more aggressive approach has to be a priority. The Vikes simply couldn’t get after the QB effectively and rarely brought extra pressure. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

He’s awful. Amazing how many games the Vikes managed to win with the 31st ranked defense. Kind of knew they’d get shredded come playoff time unfortunately. Not sure what direction they go but finding a more aggressive approach has to be a priority. The Vikes simply couldn’t get after the QB effectively and rarely brought extra pressure. 

He's never been good, really. It amazes me how some of these guys continiously land gigs. 

5 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

When you have Harrison Smith, Tomlinson, Z. Smith, Peterson and still can't stop anybody... this is a no-brainer. I hope they find someone better than Donatell.

But not too much better. 😉

Who is Gmen DL coach?

He is in contention with the worst coach I have ever seen. Whenever Minnesota was ahead with a minute or so left, you just knew the opposing defense was going to march right down and score, or come close to it. An example of this is the Bills game. The Vikings scored on a Josh Allen goal line fumble with about 30 seconds left. The Bills still tied it. Conversely, seeing Danielle Hunter and Zadarius Smith line up against a slot receiver or tight end multiple times a game made me vomit. Also, when he blitzed, I had to slap myself because I couldn't believe it. He NEVER blitzed ever.

I'm sure he's a great guy, but he was nothing short of a disaster here.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 2

I saw this coming a mile away. He's been terrible his whole career dating back to UW during the Willingham days. He fielded some of the worst defenses I've ever seen. I was so happy the Seahawks didn't land this turd. 

• Like 1