Donatell fired, who might be our next DC? (Evero to CAR, p.35)

vike daddy

Sounds like Vikings were outbid 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/02/06/ten-takeaways-tom-brady-retirement-frank-reich-sean-payton-mmqb

• Timing was of the essence in the Panthers swooping in to steal Ejiro Evero from the Vikings over the weekend. Minnesota had been hot after the former Broncos DC for weeks, and Carolina was able to come in and outbid the Vikings for his services, and do it fast enough to where the Rams wouldn’t be involved—in the case the Rams lose Morris to the Colts, Evero, who worked for Sean McVay from 2017 to ’21, was going to be their top target.

• Vikings coach Kevin O’Connell will now likely turn to Flores, who actually was just starting to work as a Patriots lieutenant when New England drafted O’Connell in 2008. But hiring him will probably have to wait, with Flores’s second interview with the Cardinals set for Wednesday.

• Good on Denver for letting Evero pursue other opportunities. It seems as if Seattle assistant Sean Desai, an old Vic Fangio disciple, is well positioned for the Broncos job, but I’ve had multiple people wonder aloud to me if Payton might take a swing at luring Mike Zimmer, whom he worked with in Dallas, over to Denver from Boulder, where Zimmer is working for Deion Sanders.

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Hypothetically, if Flores doesn’t get the job in Arizona, but takes the Broncos’ DC job instead of the Minnesota job, I wonder if Desai could be back in play. 

Since the Broncos are interviewing both of them tomorrow, we may know who the winner of that battle will be soon...but of course, if Flores is the winner there, we may not know at all until Arizona makes their decision.  🤣