Round 1 Mock

goldfishwars

I'm not sure the Bengals value TE enough in their current scheme to take a TE in rd 1, but if they do, I would be very happy with Darnell Washington.  Especially since he is a real two way TE as a blocker and receiver. I may be in the minority, but give me Washington over Mayer.

Other options I like at the back end of rd 1 that are still available after the Bengals pick:

• Anton Harrison
  • Jaelyn Duncan
  • Siaka Ika
  • Noah Sewell (if Pratt isn't resigned)
  • Drew Sanders (once again, if no Pratt)
  • Brandon Joseph
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm not sure the Bengals value TE enough in their current scheme to take a TE in rd 1, but if they do, I would be very happy with Darnell Washington.  Especially since he is a real two way TE as a blocker and receiver. I may be in the minority, but give me Washington over Mayer.

Other options I like at the back end of rd 1 that are still available after the Bengals pick:

• Anton Harrison
  • Jaelyn Duncan
  • Siaka Ika
  • Brandon Joseph

Thanks man - I think that was more thinking a team is likely to take a shot on Washington late first round and deciding on the Bengals. But yeah agreed that he can help a lot in both facets of the offense and has crazy athletic upside to tap into. 

27 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

As long as the compensation to move up from 4 to 1 doesn’t include Michael Pittman Jr, I’m happy with this outcome. 

Haven't thought too much about the compensation, but can definitely see a world where Indy trades up and lands at Stroud as the guy who ticks the most boxes for them.

Broderick Jones at 11 is a tad rich IMO (I say this until he demolishes the combine), but probably the best option there for Tennessee.  I'm just hoping and praying that Paris makes it to 11.

But that's where I had both of them going in my mock too, and if Johnson doesn't make it, it's the pick I'd be rooting for.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Broderick Jones at 11 is a tad rich IMO (I say this until he demolishes the combine), but probably the best option there for Tennessee.  I'm just hoping and praying that Paris makes it to 11.

But that's where I had both of them going in my mock too, and if Johnson doesn't make it, it's the pick I'd be rooting for.

Definitely feels like there's going to be a big sort out with the offensive line prospects between now and draft day. Things could look very different between now and then. 

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Definitely feels like there's going to be a big sort out with the offensive line prospects between now and draft day. Things could look very different between now and then. 

For sure.  With how highly regarded he was as a high school prospect, and Georgia's history, I have a feeling he'll do well on athletic tests in the combine.  But he's also lacking some length, and I have guys like Anton Harrison rated pretty closely to him right now.  Darnell Wright's not too far behind either.  If the Titans could trade down and land one of those guys with a little more capital for later picks, I'd prefer that myself.  But that's always risky, and Jones is legit.

• Like 1

30 Chiefs - Rashee Rice WR

While I understand the sentiment, the Chiefs are swimming in young WR talent. For veterans, they now have MVS under contract and will likely re-sign Watson as the glue guy. Young players include Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore, plus futures contracts on John Ross and Justyn Ross. They would be more inclined to sign a veteran FA and add a mid to late pick.

They cannot afford to re-sign Orlando Brown and Frank Clark is likely also gone. Think OT or DL. Don't overlook a DT to put beside Chris Jones. This is a good draft for animals.

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

• Anton Harrison
  • Jaelyn Duncan
  • Siaka Ika
  • Brandon Joseph

Definitely agree with washington, but if not him, it needs to be either Harrison, a CB or an EDGE.  CB depth is fantastic, and EDGE is at least two rounds deep.  OT, not so much.  And I don't see Duncan anywhere near that high.

15 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Definitely agree with washington, but if not him, it needs to be either Harrison, a CB or an EDGE.  CB depth is fantastic, and EDGE is at least two rounds deep.  OT, not so much.  And I don't see Duncan anywhere near that high.

Unless a top 3 guy falls to us, I don't see much differnece in taking a CB at 26-32 than at 58-64.  I think that 2nd tier depth at CB is real good this draft.  Not too knowledgeable about this edge class yet, but you can never have too many edge rushers.

Duncan is a guy I saw twice this past fall and was really impressed with him both times.  Maybe he's a guy that makes more sense as a rd 2 guy, but I think he starts rising up draft boards as the process goes along, meaning I think the NFL guys like him better than the draftniks already.

Falcon fans should see no problem with our pick.  Everyone knows we need D-line help be it Edge Rushers or DT.  Carter, Anderson, Murphy, Wilson, or Bresee are all going to be considered good picks at 8 from everyone i would imagine.   

If the Falcons trade down to the mid teens i could very likely see Bresee, Smith, and Ness as good targets there as well while getting another pick or so.  

Would say if we don't go D-line there which i think we will and hope we do then other guys we would target i imagine would be Skoronski, Paris, Jones on the OL for LG maybe.     CB as well is a option but i think that would come after the trenches if i had to bet on it.   WR probably as well although the falcon fan base would probably burn everything down after taking 3 skill position pass catchers in a row and not going after the trenches with 3 top 10 picks lol.   We can worry about a #2 /3  WR later imo or in FA probably. 

• Like 1