Justin Jefferson: What more in Year 4?

vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

nothing though tops the FF poster years ago who wrote that Favre was a pre-Madonna.

I'm a teacher, and I have a list of phrases that kids have used, either written or said. Some of my favorites include:

"It's a doggy dog world."

I'm a music teacher so I always stress the importance of hearing protection. So, I've heard "Tonight ****" Instead of tinnitus. 

"Roast History Chicken" Instead of Rotisserie Chicken.

"Cow Zone" Instead of calzone.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

Last week, the reigning NFL Offensive Player of the Year became the go-to guy for more than two dozen Northside Achievement Zone scholars. Justin Jefferson partnered with Microsoft Surface to donate thirty Microsoft Surface Go 2 laptops to empower scholars on their academic journey. The donation occurred at Northside Achievement Zone's new office space on North 2nd Street.

The distribution continued the connection Jefferson has formed with Northside Achievement Zone, which works to close the achievement gap and end generational poverty in North Minneapolis through support programs for youth, ages 0 to 18, and their families.

Jefferson:  "Just another part of the journey for me. Working with Northside Achievement Zone on other events and giveaways that I've been doing with them, and this just adds on to the list. They're taking care of the younger generation, the generation that's going to set this world up in the future, so I always want to be hands-on with those type of kids, always try to give them an extra smile on their face and that extra momentum and extra drive to achieve the things that people never thought they'd achieve."

https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jefferson-donates-laptops-students-naz

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The team has now officially confirmed it.  Note that this is the first Vikings 1st rd pick to have his 5th-yr option picked up since Trae Waynes.  Those not picked up were Garrett Bradbury, Mike Hughes and Laquon Treadwell (had no first rd pick in 2017 when Cook was the 1st Vikings pick in the 2nd rd). 

Obviously, it's unfortunate that Jeff Gladney would have been up for option as well this year.   The streak will likely continue next year when Darrisaw comes up for option.  

• Like 2

Jefferson has increased his production every season, going from 88 receptions for 1,400 yards and seven touchdowns as a rookie to 108 catches for 1,616 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2021.

Last season, he led the NFL with 128 receptions, 1,809 yards and 106.4 receiving yards per game, setting Vikings single-season records for catches (topping Cris Carter) and receiving yards (topping Randy Moss).

https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jefferson-contract-5th-year-option?fbclid=IwAR07oIHXhbFw94E8wusKqZL7vHSCMP9eaYAQ-xbcUryO65ePlzIdPDe9BbM

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

Jefferson has increased his production every season, going from 88 receptions for 1,400 yards and seven touchdowns as a rookie to 108 catches for 1,616 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2021.

Last season, he led the NFL with 128 receptions, 1,809 yards and 106.4 receiving yards per game, setting Vikings single-season records for catches (topping Cris Carter) and receiving yards (topping Randy Moss).

https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jefferson-contract-5th-year-option?fbclid=IwAR07oIHXhbFw94E8wusKqZL7vHSCMP9eaYAQ-xbcUryO65ePlzIdPDe9BbM

Receptions for JJ went from 88-108-128 in his first three years. If that trend continued, he'd be at 148 this year (1 behind the NFL single season record). If his yards per reception stayed the same as last year, that would put him at 2086.8 yards, breaking the single season NFL record for yardage. 

• Like 2