2 rounds, now.

Suffering_Bills

On 2/10/2023 at 1:48 PM, Danger said:

Gross

Oh, I don't know, really.... -Sanders is a free agent after this year, right? Replacing him on a 5-year rookie contract with the best RB prospect since Saquon Barkley makes sense, in a lot of ways. Plus, it's not like you're picking him at number TWO overall, right? It's a luxury pick, true, but with two 1st-rounders, it can be done. Plus, Robinson is pretty much considered to be a top-10, if not top-FIVE talent in this draft, so there's that. 

19 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Oh, I don't know, really.... -Sanders is a free agent after this year, right? Replacing him on a 5-year rookie contract with the best RB prospect since Saquon Barkley makes sense, in a lot of ways. Plus, it's not like you're picking him at number TWO overall, right? It's a luxury pick, true, but with two 1st-rounders, it can be done. Plus, Robinson is pretty much considered to be a top-10, if not top-FIVE talent in this draft, so there's that. 

More than half our defense is free agents this offseason and we don't have the money to resign like 3 guys if we really stretch our pocket books. We don't have the luxury of spending a top 10 pick on an overrated running back.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

More than half our defense is free agents this offseason and we don't have the money to resign like 3 guys if we really stretch our pocket books. We don't have the luxury of spending a top 10 pick on an overrated running back.

Well, you make a valid point, no question. I'm not sure how Robinson is overrated, though...?

3 hours ago, Danger said:

AND, to help me out with the evolution of this mock, who would you personally select at #10, if the first 9 picks worked out this way in my scenario?

23 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Depends on if you want power over finesse, I guess.

It p[robably comes down to which side they want to upgrade immediately.  I could see Jones if they wanted to go for the RT.  Jonah William has been average at best on the left side, and no one really knows what Carman is at this point.  Collins will no doubt start the season on PUP or another injury list, so we will see.  

In your previous update, Harrison was off the board when we took Jones.  

Edited by INbengalfan

21 hours ago, Danger said:

Gee. Bit more of a running game might've helped, yes? Oh, and I was rooting for Philly.

Edited by Suffering_Bills

On 1/21/2023 at 9:39 AM, INbengalfan said:

I'd love washington.  That said, with the lack of depth at OT but the surplus of EDGE and CB guys, I feel like those three positions will be what we target the first two days.  I'd love to be wrong and they grab Washington though.

hell yeah, that dude would be an instant beast and I would love for us to get him. 

On 2/12/2023 at 12:28 PM, Suffering_Bills said:

AND, to help me out with the evolution of this mock, who would you personally select at #10, if the first 9 picks worked out this way in my scenario?

I like to add as football fan.

After watching the SB, why bother with defense in the early rounds. Today's NFL defenses don't have a chance. Eagles have one of the best and they gave up 38 point.

Note I'm not here to discuss if they are or not. That doesn't matter. There good but till had no chance.

EX Look at Anderson what the heck is he going for the Bears compared to the best WR in the draft. They can add all day to the defense but the offense will still keep them at the bottom.

I'm done rambling on, here is what I would do with 10, trade it load up on picks and fill hole on offense. Draft defense  starting in the 3rd RD.

What is the big difference taking a CB at 10 or 3rd rd.   You can find CBs later that can get in the shirt of a WR. Not one of them is going to be a game changer. Today's CB makes plays mostly with QB's errors.

Team that have shut downs, big deal,  the playoff QBs  just pick on someone else. EX Ramsey.

Off topic    It's funny that no one talks about the fear factor for today's QBs compared to the Marino, Montana and Aikman.  How many concussion with these three !!!

You take fear out of the equation, you get what you see today. QB-ing is a lot easier when you play without fear!!!!

Edited by m haynes