2 rounds, now.

Suffering_Bills

On 1/21/2023 at 6:21 AM, Suffering_Bills said:

28. DENVER: (From San Francisco via Miami.) Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M.

We don’t need a first round safety. Sterns will start with Simmons. Depending on who our coach is and the scheme we will need pass rushers so Foskey would be a nice pick there.

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

I mean, yeah, Ringo is unrefined, but he pretty much shut Hyatt down from what I remember.

Sorry your right about that. bad example and wasn't explained well by me.To say the least!!! What I was trying to say was he can't cover speed guys which is now the game in the NFL.

I did it again  trying to explain my mistake!!!

What  I saying he's a box safety, a good one with work, however, I don't see a guy that can cover today''s NFL speedsters. Now, if he's playing T Higgins he has a chance !!!! .  . Diggs, Waddle, Hill , Chase and others, no chance.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 9:39 AM, INbengalfan said:

I'd love washington.  That said, with the lack of depth at OT but the surplus of EDGE and CB guys, I feel like those three positions will be what we target the first two days.  I'd love to be wrong and they grab Washington though.

I tend to think they will go BPA and fill in the gaps with the fringes on FA post draft.  All things equal, yes, I think they go OT/CB/Edge over TE, but if the TE is the highest ranked on their board available, they'll go that way as long as it isn't overly close.

Not sure why so many have us reaching on an OT.   Even when we have been worse at OT, we have never done that.   Beyond that, Harrison is kind of a Dan Moore clone.

If it has to be OL...O'Cyrus Torrence.

Otherwise, Simpson or Ringo.   

On 1/21/2023 at 8:21 AM, Suffering_Bills said:

31. KANSAS CITY: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College.

While I appreciate the idea, we are really not going there. The Chiefs have Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore on rookie contracts, plus Justyn Moore on IR. If JuJu moves on they still have MVS and can easily re-sign their glue guy Justin Watson. They will take a project but they are set for close-to-prime-time talent. 

The same cannot be said for TE where Travis Kelce is 33 and his backup is merely good. An impact TE is a possibility and Luke Musgrave is on the board

DT is a possibility but Sikai Ika is gone. Edge is always good but Van Ness and Foskey just got picked. They are losing a Pro Bowl LT so OT is a choice. Darnell Wright and Cody Mauch are on the board though it might be a touch early for either of them.

14 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

While I appreciate the idea, we are really not going there. The Chiefs have Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore on rookie contracts, plus Justyn Moore on IR. If JuJu moves on they still have MVS and can easily re-sign their glue guy Justin Watson. They will take a project but they are set for close-to-prime-time talent. 

The same cannot be said for TE where Travis Kelce is 33 and his backup is merely good. An impact TE is a possibility and Luke Musgrave is on the board

DT is a possibility but Sikai Ika is gone. Edge is always good but Van Ness and Foskey just got picked. They are losing a Pro Bowl LT so OT is a choice. Darnell Wright and Cody Mauch are on the board though it might be a touch early for either of them.

You Kansas City fans are SO finicky. 🙂 I am, however, adjustable.

19 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

This is probably a topic we should have on the Chiefs forum.

Toney hasn't shown at any point that he can stay healthy. Skyy Moore hasn't shown a single thing as a WR other than not being on the same page as Mahomes. Justyn Ross I have high hopes for, but there's a chance he doesn't play a snap with his injury history. MVS just had his career game, but he's ridiculously inconsistent. Justin Watson should be a good #4 and I do want him back. But there's no prime talent here with any consistency at all. Mahomes has shown he can succeed with mostly JAGs, but should he have to?

Noah Gray would start on several teams already and he's still improving. Fortson is a solid #3, if he can stay healthy. And we've got Kendall Blanton on the PS which we seem to really like as well as Jordan Franks on IR. Plus, Blake Bell.

I'm fully on board with DL and OT.