Free Agents that won't be free...

vike daddy

45 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

There goes this dream

It's still possible, if unlikely. It would mean moving on from Tomlinson, Kendricks, and Z, but if they are getting a younger impact player those are good moves. I 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

If available at a reasonable/cheap rate, what would folks think of signing Kenny Golladay after the Giants release him?

I'd only be interested if you could count on him performing again now that he got paid and realized he actually has to perform now to actually stay in the league.  But, I'm not sure he realizes that. 

42 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'd only be interested if you could count on him performing again now that he got paid and realized he actually has to perform now to actually stay in the league.  But, I'm not sure he realizes that. 

On a one-year "prove-it" deal, I'd be very interested. When playing up to potentieal, he brings a dimension that none of our other receivers do. 

But yeah, you have to keep him motivated. Perhaps getting cut will help him come to that realization.

On 3/3/2023 at 4:43 PM, swede700 said:

He's toast after his offseason surgeries.

LB Duke Riley

Previous team: Miami Dolphins
AAV (Average annual value): $2.955 million

Duke Riley won’t light the world on fire, but he’s a reliable defender who can make an impact. Last season, Riley finished with 45 tackles and one sack. He was mostly an impact substitute for the Dolphins, contributing as a linebacker and on special teams.

For the Vikings, Riley could bring much-needed linebacker into their linebacker room. Riley is best utilized as a point-and-shoot linebacker. In this position, Riley can use his speed to get sideline-to-sideline and make tackles on ball carriers.

S Bobby McCain

Previous team: Washington Commanders
2022 Cap Hit: $2.78 million

Like Duke Riley, Bobby McCain has familiarity with defensive coordinator Brian Flores. McCain played under Flores in Miami for two seasons before being released in 2021. After being released, McCain signed with the Commanders, where he played both slot cornerback and safety.

That positional flexibility could help McCain land a job quickly because slot cornerbacks are becoming more valuable. McCain could fit into both positions for the Vikings, but his best chance of starting would be as a slot corner instead of Chandon Sullivan.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-2023-free-agency-duke-riley-greedy-williams-bobby-mccain-rasheem-green-rakeem-nunez-roches/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3U5DgHBPGg0tkzvYRzuHGLXoWd5ipmzSm0J4veLJlaG3ZwH7oI_-5FzYw

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

LB Duke Riley

Previous team: Miami Dolphins
AAV (Average annual value): $2.955 million

Duke Riley won’t light the world on fire, but he’s a reliable defender who can make an impact. Last season, Riley finished with 45 tackles and one sack. He was mostly an impact substitute for the Dolphins, contributing as a linebacker and on special teams.

For the Vikings, Riley could bring much-needed linebacker into their linebacker room. Riley is best utilized as a point-and-shoot linebacker. In this position, Riley can use his speed to get sideline-to-sideline and make tackles on ball carriers.

We do much need linebacker in the linebacker room....

• Like 2