Free Agents that won't be free...

vike daddy

Thanks should partially be given to Brz for the Lamar Jackson situation...because he got the transition tag, other teams don't want to do the work of creating a contract that the Ravens will just match.

Edited by swede700

A 26-year-old discovered by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2nd Round of the 2018 NFL Draft, DJ Chark is looking for his third team. He stopped by the Lions for a year in 2022 and will now likely venture elsewhere. Chark made headlines during his sophomore season with the Jaguars, tabulating 73 receptions for 1,008 yards and 8 touchdowns — and a Pro Bowl nod.

The LSU alumnus has played five years in the NFL, tallying 177 receptions for 2,544 yards and 18 touchdowns in 54 games. He averages 47.1 receiving yards per game and can be a homerun hitter for deep balls when targeted. He’s known for his size (6’4″) and speed (4.34 forty-yard dash in 2018).

Since turning pro, Chark has caught touchdown passes from Nick Foles, Mike Glennon, Jared Goff, Trevor Lawrence, and Gardner Minshew — not exactly a who’s-who of quarterback majesty. Perhaps the man could thrive with a single QB1 or a passer more talented than that hodgepodge.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/roster/freeagency/the-1-wr-that-keeps?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I mean I get Sutton.

but Tomlinson isn’t even a dang free agent….yet 

I still don't think there's anyway he comes back.  They gave themselves some extra time to see if they could make it work...I'm just not sure how that happens. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Ben Jones is being released by the Titans. He could be a cheaper, short-term replacement for Bradbury. He's 33 and had concussion issues last year though. That might scare off some teams.

I thought of this too. could be a decent 1 yr stop gap on the cheap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

James Robinson won't be tendered by the Jets. If the Vikings move on from Dalvin, I'd take a long look at Robinson. He seems like the kind of back who would thrive in KOC's offense.

Really? I guess in more of a pass first offense he isn’t the first that comes to mind.

I think I would rather just go after Mattison who will be about the same price. Same age, more or less the same skill set, probably fresher, and will be around the same price point

23 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I would be. But it would be a pleasant surprise. 

They are trimming the fat, even if it’s fat we all liked. 

But the Vikings don’t lure in Brian Flores if the plan for 2023 is to basically be ok with it being a throw away season.