Free Agents that won't be free...

vike daddy

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

They are trimming the fat, even if it’s fat we all liked. 

But the Vikings don’t lure in Brian Flores if the plan for 2023 is to basically be ok with it being a throw away season. 

Yeah I get it. And that is definitely an argument that makes sense to me. 

they have plenty of 2024 space to structure deals with low 2023 cap hits. 

Typically though, from an analytics perspective, first wave of free agency usually is a net negative in return value. 

so that’s why it would surprise me to see kwesi ultra aggressive in that wave. 

Every year around this time I start thinking about that meme with the stick figure, holding a stick, poking at the Vikings logo with “Do Something”.

Should be an eventful week leading up to the 15th where we have to be under the salary cap. Hard to imagine we are going after any of the top tier free agents without something really major happening to shake up the cap.

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If you saw the video earlier this morning, it's pretty evident that P2 lost interest in resigning with the Vikings now with some of the moves they've made. 

Denzel Perryman, the name I wanted over Kendricks. I thought for sure he was going to be a knock out of the park pick. 

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I like Harris. Not sure how well he would fit. But I like him.

I would love him to take the place of Tomlinson, since he's more of a pressure guy than Tomlinson is despite being older.  I also think he might come cheaper at this point in his career (but who knows in this weird market). 

Edited by swede700