Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v3.0

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

You have a choice to whether listen to people who get paid to push opinions, both right and obviously wrong to generate outrage amongst fans, to create more clicks in viewerships.

When I read all of the stuff about how the bengals were "lucky" or would be on tons on "5 out" lists, I simply choose to ignore it.  If Kelce uses it for motivation, great.  Whatever.  But to scream out that they overcame it is rather disingenuous to me.  That's all.    

To me, the Chiefs are a rivalry in the making as long as Burrow and Mahomes are around.  And the next time they play in an AFCCG, I want it in our house.

This topic just screams for a new title along the lines of "Have the Chiefs become the new Patriots?".  They are for all the winning, but are much more likable due to having likable players and no scandals attached to them.  People can point to the reffing at the end of the last two games all they want, right or wrong, but that is on the men and women in stripes, the the players or coaches.

I mean Mahomes watches all of that stuff lol, he’s an avid sports fan and regularly watches all those sport pundits and shows on top of actual games.

i equally thought the Bengals being counted out all season was stupid. Y’all went to the SB and Buffalo was the favorite, it made no sense. And it’s called the Arrowhead Invitational sir, I do not want to go to Cinci😂

yeah the ref thing I get but they were legit penalties. I remember in the 2016 playoffs when Eric Fisher got called for a hold at the end of the game against James Harrison, nobody cried then. All of a sudden when it’s against a team playing the Chiefs people are crying for days afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

So you pay more attention to an entity that insures they always win no matter what? That’s good to know!

also it was more than just Skip Bayless 😘

I mean when talking favorites Vegas is 10000% the way to go. You’re pushing the wrong narrative. Vegas doesn’t make nearly as much money off of people betting those favorites as they do parlays, and underdogs.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Also everybody keeps bringing up Vegas Odds Like that means, well anything. I don’t think Players/coaches look at Vegas Odds unless they’re Calvin Ridley, or it’s really lopsided. The ‘experts’ are media guys who like to talk. Vegas odds are for gambling purposes to insure the house always wins

You realize a lot of those “experts” are talking heads paid for hot takes to draw in viewers and create controversy right? Vegas lines tell the story way more than a Skip, Cowherd, etc will.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I mean Mahomes watches all of that stuff lol, he’s an avid sports fan and regularly watches all those sport pundits and shows on top of actual games.

i equally thought the Bengals being counted out all season was stupid. Y’all went to the SB and Buffalo was the favorite, it made no sense. And it’s called the Arrowhead Invitational sir, I do not want to go to Cinci😂

yeah the ref thing I get but they were legit penalties. I remember in the 2016 playoffs when Eric Fisher got called for a hold at the end of the game against James Harrison, nobody cried then. All of a sudden when it’s against a team playing the Chiefs people are crying for days afterwards. 

I'm not mad about the calls against the Bengals (Ossai pushed him out of bounds) but more the ones at the end that didn't get called, but whatever.  Most people thought the Pats got a lot of calls going their way.  That didn't help their image.

If we are all being really honest, we should WANT our teams become the villains because they win too much.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:58 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

I know nobody here really hates the Lions. They always suck and therefore, are not really on anyone's hate list. 

All it would take is 2-3 Super Bowls from the Lions and they'd be Public Enemy #1, even with likeable players. It's the way of the world.

I'll be honest, it did not take long for me to stop being excited for those plucky underdogs up in Buffalo.