Other Playoffs Games

SteelKing728

2 hours ago, Morlee said:

We are all getting old, aren’t we? I don’t know if I’ll see a Viking championship in my lifetime, but I’d rather ride on the side of actuality than overconfidence. That doesn’t mean you can never compliment them.  Like I have for 2022 Cousins, and Jefferson, and Shelley, and some of KOC.  I had hope in 1998, 2009 and a little in 2017. 

I’ll never understand why so many Viking fans only want to be blinded with false positives, and pretend as though this team is more than what they are. You can be heavily critical of a team, and a sincere fan also.  They’re both possible. If you want just the glazed surface of everything regarding, you can always listen to KFAN.  Most Vikings stations out there tediously give us that. 

As for why I cheer for them — trust me, it’s gotten really difficult over the years. Really hard. But they’ve always been my team and I’m not one to change, so instead of just flip flopping to another team, I watch every year hoping they’ll surprise me. 

I have found the Vikings hard to root for at times in the past.  I have learned that I need to remember it's just football, not life or death.  I have the perspective now that it is entertainment and I don't need to wrap my identity around the Vikings or any sports team.  Thus, this season was very entertaining!  I trust that KAM and KOC are doing their best to make the team better...my complaining about the team or how some do their job doesn't move the needle one iota.  So, I choose, and it is a choice, to have fun talking about the Vikings and the NFL.  I also choose not to become emotionally injured if football doesn't turn out the way I want.  I have lived the other way, and for me, it just wasn't healthy.  I hope that everyone on this forum can find the place to make their own healthy choices.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I haven't watched him yet.  Does it seem like he's that good and could be the QBOTF or is he just in the perfect situation? I keep waiting for a team to figure him out. The eagles will be a good test

He just doesn't make mistakes, and hits open receivers. 

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce has moved into third place in NFL history on the career postseason receiving yards list.

After gaining 98 receiving yards against the Jaguars, Kelce now has 1,389 receiving yards in the playoffs in his career. That moves him into a tie with Rob Gronkowski for the third-most in NFL history.

Kelce would take over second place with 54 receiving yards on Sunday against the Bengals. Currently in second place in NFL history is Julian Edelman, who had 1,442 receiving yards in the playoffs in his career. To move into first place, Kelce would need to play several more years and keep having big playoff performances. Jerry Rice, with 2,245 career postseason receiving yards, is far and away ahead of the pack, with a record that will likely not be broken any time soon, and perhaps not ever.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/24/travis-kelce-tied-with-gronk-behind-only-rice-and-edelman-in-career-playoff-receiving-yards/

16 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Does it seem like he's that good and could be the QBOTF or is he just in the perfect situation? 

San Francisco Chronicle@sfchronicle

It’s time for San Francisco 49ers fans to let go of some fantasies and embrace reality: Barring a seismic jump by Trey Lance — and a shocking regression by Brock Purdy, or an unfortunate injury — Purdy is the team’s starter in 2023, writes Michael Silver.

Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts and 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy will make history as soon as they take the field on Sunday in the NFC Championship Game.

The 23-year-old Purdy and the 24-year-old Hurts will become the first pair of starting quarterbacks in a conference championship game under age 25, and will have the lowest combined age for a pair of starting quarterbacks ever in a conference championship game.

Purdy is a rookie who will become the third-youngest conference championship game starting quarterback. Only Shaun King with the 1999 Buccaneers and Ben Roethlisberger with the 2004 Steelers were younger.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/24/brock-purdy-jalen-hurts-make-youngest-pair-of-starting-qbs-in-a-conference-championship/

If they win the NFC Championship Game on Sunday, the 49ers will move into a tie for first place for the most postseason wins of any franchise in NFL history.

The record for most postseason wins currently belongs to the Patriots, who have won 37 postseason games in their history (30 of those with Tom Brady at quarterback). The 49ers are currently at 36 postseason wins in franchise history.

San Francisco is actually in a four-way tie for the second-most postseason wins in franchise history; the Cowboys, Packers and Steelers also have 36 postseason wins.

If the 49ers beat the Eagles for postseason win No. 37, they’ll attempt to win No. 38 in the Super Bowl. That would also be their sixth Super Bowl win in franchise history, which would tie the Steelers and Patriots for the most ever.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/26/49ers-seeking-their-37th-postseason-win-tying-the-patriots-for-most-in-nfl-history/

The Vikings only have 21 playoff victories, despite being tied for the 5th-most appearances in the playoffs...less wins than the 49ers, Eagles, Colts, Patriots, Commanders, Raiders and Broncos who all have less appearances.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

The Philadelphia police said that they will be greasing light and traffic poles to prevent them from being climbed during what may be a raucous celebration if the Eagles beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/27/philadelphia-police-greasing-light-poles-in-anticipation-of-fans-climbing-them-in-celebration/