Chiefs QB Mahomes suffers high ankle sprain

RaidersAreOne

I can't believe the takes that Arden Key deliberately did that.

If anything, blame the rules where a player can't land their full-body weight on a QB anymore.   Key was in mid-air when Mahomes threw the ball, so Key tried to avoid landing on him body-slam / wrap-style.     I have a lot of respect for Warren Sharp's analytics game, but that's a horrible take (him and others, he's not alone).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

The craziest news of this to me is that Chad Henne is still in the league. The third QB (fourth Brian Brohm was 3rd right before Henne but out of the league ASAP) from the Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco class and they are all still somehow not retired. The QB taken after Henne was Kevin OConnell who head coached his Vikings to the playoffs this year. Kinda wild to think about. Josh Johnson was in that class too and is on like his 15th team or something like that and somehow also still around. Insane for a class to have 4 QBs make it into their late 30s almost 40.

• Like 3

How does Mahommes actually play next week? I can understand playing through this game because it might have taken some time for it to swell and fro the adrenaline to wear off,  but still, players miss months with high ankle sprains. Maybe this is a low grade sprain? Just feels like he won't be ready in time for next week. 

For as much sucess as the Chiefs have has under Mahomes they’ve really had some bad luck wheter it be injuries blowing a big lead  or lining up offsides on a potential game ending int.

They should feel like they should have a few more SB’s already during this run 

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

How does Mahommes actually play next week? I can understand playing through this game because it might have taken some time for it to swell and fro the adrenaline to wear off,  but still, players miss months with high ankle sprains. Maybe this is a low grade sprain? Just feels like he won't be ready in time for next week. 

Give him a shot and wrap it up and he is still as mobile as Henne so that's why I think he will play.

I doubt he will be as effective as usual but you gotta try.

The 2 positions where players play through a HAS - interior OL and pocket QB.   Because they know where they are going and can limit their movements to a  minimum.    But make no mistake they are near-statues mobility-wise.   

The only way Mahomes doesn’t play is of the swelling is too severe.   Otherwise massive tape jobs and a ton of Toradol are coming his way.   And likely no practice either.   Whoever wins todays game should be favored - Mahomes is going to be severely limited in what he can do mobility-wise.   Doesn’t mean it’s a lock that KC loses but it’s a game changer odds wise.   

Edited by Broncofan

Mac played on it after 3 weeks. Still not a one week turnover…but better than months. I think it’s mostly pain management/how well you keep swelling down for mobility.

Lane Johnson playing on a torn groin sounds like absolute hell.