Chiefs QB Mahomes suffers high ankle sprain

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Give him a shot and wrap it up and he is still as mobile as Henne so that's why I think he will play.

I doubt he will be as effective as usual but you gotta try.

He definitely won't be but his arm is still intact and as long as he is about 60 - 70% he is still dangerous because of his arm.

17 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Good luck to him if he makes it to the Super Bowl.  Any of the 3 NFC defenses (Philly, San Fran, and Dallas) can bring so much pressure.

As long as Hendrickson / Hubbard play (and DJ Reader is providing inside push too which is new for pass downs; added to his run anchor abilities), CIN should be able to generate pressure as well.   KC is almost certain to try to run and use the short pass game.  

CIN is better equipped to stop the run than BUF would have been.    It’s a total game changer planning wise.   Protecting against the deep ball or double moves isn’t nearly as much of a concern now.    Again there are no guarantees but it’s no surprise the line is moving hard to CIN.   

Edited by Broncofan

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He's going to look like Robo Cop in the pocket. Sucks he got hurt, because I'm sure the Bengals don't want any excuses if they win, and if they lose, they'll be the butt of jokes since they couldn't beat a hobbled Mahomes...or 37 year-old Chad Henne if it comes down to it. 

would winning by a large margin be convincing enough? Suppose the Bengals get 172 yards rushing (no Mahomes ankle fault) and  3 FFs  for example,  does that help? Where is the line drawn when it comes to credit the injury for the score ? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

would winning by a large margin be convincing enough? Suppose the Bengals get 172 yards rushing (no Mahomes ankle fault) and  3 FFs  for example,  does that help? Where is the line drawn when it comes to credit the injury for the score ? 

I think a contingent of the the peanut gallery would still squawk to the nth degree no matter how the win comes. That's a good question though. 

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He's going to look like Robo Cop in the pocket. Sucks he got hurt, because I'm sure the Bengals don't want any excuses if they win, and if they lose, they'll be the butt of jokes since they couldn't beat a hobbled Mahomes...or 37 year-old Chad Henne if it comes down to it. 

The Bengals w/ Burrow don't need excuses when it comes to Mahomes and the Chiefs as they've never lost w/ Burrow as the QB. If people consider them the "butt of jokes" by losing to a Mahomes lead team, that's asinine lol.

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The Bengals w/ Burrow don't need excuses when it comes to Mahomes and the Chiefs as they've never lost w/ Burrow as the QB. If people consider them the "butt of jokes" by losing to a Mahomes lead team, that's asinine lol.

True, they won there a year ago in the same spot. I still expect some goal post moving though if they win for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

True, they won there a year ago in the same spot. I still expect some goal post moving though if they win for whatever reason. 

They've beaten the Chiefs 3 times in 13 months so if the Who Deys win, there will be some excuses made but Mahomes' ankle can't really be one of them as this game would only account for 25% of the games played since Burrow got into the league. There is absolutely no doubt goalposts will be moved though. 

43 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Or what if Mahomes just plays well and we lose?

Say Mahomes throws for 350yards and 5TD 0INT and we lose in a shootout

You damn right I'm still blaming that ankle.

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Are you being serious or sarcastic? I can't tell

I'm being sarcastic, generally, but I've been known to resort to some unscrupulous arguments when I run out of good ones. 

If the Bengals beat us, the wins are absolutely 100% legit for all the reasons you smashed earlier. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I'm being sarcastic, generally, but I've been known to resort to some unscrupulous arguments when I run out of good ones. 

If the Bengals beat us, the wins are absolutely 100% legit for all the reasons you smashed earlier. 

I just wanted to make sure lol. I have seen some really strange comments on Twitter that are genuine and.... well, I'm just surprised haha. 

Hoping for a good game regardless of what happens..... but I am a Raider fan living in Bengal country so I am hoping a specific team wins. Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

Or what if Mahomes just plays well and we lose?

Say Mahomes throws for 350yards and 5TD 0INT and we lose in a shootout

You damn right I'm still blaming that ankle.

are 2 of the TD's are QB running plays  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

and lets hope the zebra's don't add their touch to the game. All  fans can ask for is for a good clean game, no major injuries and decent refs, but it's the nfl and a few calls now and then get missed and not challenged etc. I thought Chase got that TD btw, so for example something like that shouldn't be screwed up by the refs

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

because I'm sure the Bengals don't want any excuses if they win

Henne = 98 yard drive

Beating the Chiefs in the playoffs is an accomplishment, no matter how limited mahomes is

That said, if the bengals win, history wont remember how injured mahomes won anyway so it doesnt matter