TE Talk

nicfre2011

5 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Do y'all think one of these guys could get drafted before the first WR does? Given how the WR class isn't as top heavy as years past.

No.

JSN is legit.  Sat out the season, but had a fantastic 2021, where he shared the field with two now proven NFL receivers and looked almost every bit as good as them.  Checks all the boxes athletically and size-wise.  He should go pretty early, and definitely before the first TE IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Do y'all think one of these guys could get drafted before the first WR does? Given how the WR class isn't as top heavy as years past.

I think JSN probably goes 1st by default unless someone loves Johnston, but given he came in a lot shorter than most thought, I don't foresee that possibility. 

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Finally watched some Darnell Washington last night. Teams are gonna drool over him. LT blocking skills and WR hands. He may appear like a "plodder" but dude ran the 5th best 20yd shuttle for a TE ever. 

I think he's going to be the top TE off the board and gone by pick 20.

I wouldn't be shocked. He is unreal as a blocker and servicable as a pass catcher. He won't be asked to be the man in a passing attack, but who cares? He's going to punch holes through the chests of DE's and LB's while also being a nightmare in the red zone.

20 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think Kincaid and Musgrave are going to go a lot later than people think.

Why? I am not saying that I necessarily disagree...just want to get your take. I would love to see either player selected by the Chiefs (if we don't select WRs with all of our pick) to be Kelce's understudy. Musgrave's talent ability combined with learning the nuances of route running, etc. is really intriguing.

4 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Why? I am not saying that I necessarily disagree...just want to get your take. I would love to see either player selected by the Chiefs (if we don't select WRs with all of our pick) to be Kelce's understudy. Musgrave's talent ability combined with learning the nuances of route running, etc. is really intriguing.

Injury history is a big one, blocking issues, size is a concern for Kincaid. I just think they're being a bit over hyped.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think Mayer will have a high floor but he has a pretty low wingspan for the position and tested 15/15 athletically in this class. He’s somewhat of a complete tight end but he’s just hard for me to see as a top 20 pick like some believe he should be. The tape is good I just don’t know…

7 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

So I think Mayer will have a high floor but he has a pretty low wingspan for the position and tested 15/15 athletically in this class. He’s somewhat of a complete tight end but he’s just hard for me to see as a top 20 pick like some believe he should be. The tape is good I just don’t know…

He shouldn’t be a top 20 pick. I think he should go somewhere in the 40s, like say pick 41 or so….

• Like 1