AFC Championship - Chiefs

THE DUKE

13 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm feeling awfully negative about this game. We've had 3 games against them that we easily could have lost. They're due. And Jackson Carman playing well two weeks in a row? I don't believe it. 

I feel like we can score a lot.  The key is keeping Mahomes in the pocket.  Both games last year, and to an extent this year, our DL got there but had to chase him around for 7-8 seconds.  If he's confined to the pocket, I could see a lot of FGs instead of TDs for them to build a decent lead, until they have to really start pressing the issue and expose Apple.

My best guess at Lou's starting game plan before the in-game adjustments will be to drop 7-8 into coverage on most obvious pass downs and double Kelce and keep Mahomes in the pocket.  Come half time Lou will do what Lou does best and make those on-the-fly adjustments to counter what the other team wants to do.

wolverine-quote.jpg?w=640

• Like 1

As I have stated in another thread, because your only primetime home game in 2022 was canceled, you should get hosting rights to the Kickoff Game next season even though the Bengals didn't make the Super Bowl. The winner of the Super Bowl instead would get to host the first proper Sunday night game of 2023, with the game ideally being the Super Bowl rematch if Kansas City wins.

Defense played a heck of a game.

Offense left a lot out there.  I know no one really wants to touch the subject, but Joe Burrow needs to do better.  Whether it's getting that ball a few feet further to Tee on the go ball, avoiding one of those sacks and turning it into something, or just finding a few more soft spots in that defense over the course of the game to make one more score.  something needs to get better to win those types of games against that kind of competition consistently.  

See you guys around.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Defense played a heck of a game.

Offense left a lot out there.  I know no one really wants to touch the subject, but Joe Burrow needs to do better.  Whether it's getting that ball a few feet further to Tee on the go ball, avoiding one of those sacks and turning it into something, or just finding a few more soft spots in that defense over the course of the game to make one more score.  something needs to get better to win those types of games against that kind of competition consistently.  

See you guys around.

He was off for sure, largely in part from the OL getting manhandled from the jump. It's tough to rebound from the feeling that the walls are closing in every play and adjust your rhythm accordingly. Even still, he's usually better at finding his check downs. KC just did a good job taking away the quick stuff and forcing us deep. It was 2021 all over again.

We said it before and we'll say it again. More premium resources need to go into the OL this offseason. I doubt we see an FA splash given we have to pay our own guys and we spent there last year, but one of the first two picks this year should be OL. Jonah can and Collins can and should be replaced if given the opportunity.