Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

Two best teams in the NFC face off as it should. Legit hope for a clean "INJURY FREE" game where neither team suffers any kind of set backs where it might effect thier SB aspirations if they made it.

Pretty much top 5 Offenses and Defenses facing off against each other,  may the best team win.

Go Birds.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No disrespect, but I hate this mindset lol.

This is SB or bust for me. How many times are we going to this close and continue to fall short? Players like Ward may leave the team this offseason and our top weapons may not all be healthy at the same time again so we have to take advantage of this opportunity.

The Eagles are great....Legitimately good in all phases but so are we. Purdy on the road against that pass rush and atmosphere won't be easy but that's why our run game needs to be better from the get go....And that's certainly possible. 

Well I think it's a little delusional to think a rookie QB with less than 10 starts under his belt finds away to go on the road and gets it done against one of the most stacked teams in the league.

Anything is possible of course, but the likelihood of this fairy tale continuing is not great if we're being objective.

And even if we do get past Philly and make it to the SB, beating either the Bengals or Chiefs is just as daunting of a task.

As long as this FO stays in tact, for the most part, we'll continue to draft well and find players.

Most ppl thought 2019 was our best shot, yet here we are again. 

We seemed to have solved (somewhat) the riddle@QB. 

We just have to continue to do what we've been doing as far as drafting and bringing in personnel who fit the schemes and we'll be fine.

I don't think this is a situation where this is our last run, as our SB window looks to be closing. 

Not even close...

Players like Ward leave ALL THE TIME. 

It's unfortunate but it's not the end all, be all. 

You continue to mine free agency and the draft to augment your losses as much as possible. 

This ride aint over....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Well I think it's a little delusional to think a rookie QB with less than 10 starts under his belt finds away to go on the road and gets it done against one of the most stacked teams in the league.

Anything is possible of course, but the likelihood of this fairy tale continuing is not great if we're being objective.

And even if we do get past Philly and make it to the SB, beating either the Bengals or Chiefs is just as daunting of a task.

As long as this FO stays in tact, for the most part, we'll continue to draft well and find players.

Most ppl thought 2019 was our best shot, yet here we are again. 

We seemed to have solved (somewhat) the riddle@QB. 

We just have to continue to do what we've been doing as far as drafting and bringing in personnel who fit the schemes and we'll be fine.

I don't think this is a situation where this is our last run, as our SB window looks to be closing. 

Not even close...

Players like Ward leave ALL THE TIME. 

It's unfortunate but it's not the end all, be all. 

You continue to mine free agency and the draft to augment your losses as much as possible. 

This ride aint over....

I mean you can say it is a little delusional to think a rookie QB can come in and win 8 straight and not let the moment get to him in pressure situations. Nothing we have seen so far from Purdy is normal lol.

It's not about the ride being over, it is just eventually you have to take advantage of your opportunities or else you let them slip by. Is Burrow/Hurts/Mahomes/Allen/etc retiring anytime soon? No, so you will have to go through them next year or the following year...you get my point. Are the Eagles and the Bengals and Chiefs really really really good? Of course they are, but guess what? So are we. Just like last season when I said no team was going to out talent us, the same is true this year. The FO has put together a stacked roster that has everything it needs to get the job done. 

So you said players like Ward leave all the time? Sure, but there is no guarantee whoever we replace him will have his type of impact in the postseason or be as effective as him period. What if we end up downgrading in a few spots that get exposed next postseason? We have a top notch offense, defense and arguably a top 3 postseason kicker of all time in Gould. It's time to close the deal unlike the last five times we have reached the conference championship or SB. 

• Like 2

We actually will have the toughest "test" of all the NFC teams in the playoffs

4 NFC playoff teams had a positive point differential - us, Eagles, Cowboys, Seahawks. We're going to play the other 3 in the postseason. 

Vikings, Bucs & Giants all had negative point differentials and we didn't play any of them.

Side note - besides us 4 playoff teams, the only other NFC team with a positive point differential was the Detroit Lions. 

49 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Looking at the forecast (which will probably change) it's projected to be 52F & sunny with 9 MPH winds on Sunday in Philly

Essentially, the same conditions as yesterday's game at Levi's. Luckily, this game will be kicking off during the hottest part of the day here in PA, if it was any later, it'd be below freezing for most of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

They'll never go heavy man with a spy because of those outside receivers, so they're going to have to figure out something else with Hurts 

Super misleading tweet IMO. IDK the stats off hand, but I know that Bosa has been a part of multiple wins against Rodgers, Murray, & Stafford off the top of my head; he's also definitely been a part of a win against Wentz. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Super misleading tweet IMO. IDK the stats off hand, but I know that Bosa has been a part of multiple wins against Rodgers, Murray, & Stafford off the top of my head; he's also definitely been a part of a win against Wentz. 

The point is the struggles against mobile QBs I'm pretty sure 

• Like 1