Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I mean what's to figure out? There's get chance we lose to game even if Purdy doesn't get hurt. Injuries are a part of game. I mean he got us to the NFCCG with a 3rd strifn rookie QB. At this point, we should be thanking him, not trying to critique the health of the QB position.

Sometimes you just get dealt a bad hand. It is what it is. It's a shame we didn't get a fair shake today but I don't think looking for scapegoats as to why is really the right play here.

I think more importantly we need to figure out why Kyle Shannahan's teams never win the big one? His teams have lost leads in 2016 SB, 2019 SB, 2021 NFCG. Today was a no contest given the circumstances and opponent. But lets say they choke in next years playoffs then there has to be some accountability. 

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

I think more importantly we need to figure out why Kyle Shannahan's teams never win the big one? His teams have lost leads in 2016 SB, 2019 SB, 2021 NFCG. Today was a no contest given the circumstances and opponent. But lets say they choke in next years playoffs then there has to be some accountability. 

Ok, troll

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Nope just a sad 29 year old. 😂

Well I'm 44 and I've seen 3 of the 5 SB wins but haven't seen anything since 1994. I think next season will be the Niners best chance at winning a SB since the Steve Young days. For that to happen they must cover all their bases.

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I mean what's to figure out? There's get chance we lose to game even if Purdy doesn't get hurt. Injuries are a part of game. I mean he got us to the NFCCG with a 3rd strifn rookie QB. At this point, we should be thanking him, not trying to critique the health of the QB position.

Sometimes you just get dealt a bad hand. It is what it is. It's a shame we didn't get a fair shake today but I don't think looking for scapegoats as to why is really the right play here.

I mean it's up to him to find someone who is going to be able to stay on the field. Kyle did get there, but at the same time it's his responsibility to make sure that he can get a guy that can stay upright. This has happened every year he's been a head coach other than 2019. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

2019 Jimmy got concussed and overthrew Sanders

2020 Jimbo got hurt

2021 Jimmy couldn't complete a pass in the 4th quarter

2022 We didn't have a QB for most of the game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamq said:

2019 Jimmy got concussed and overthrew Sanders

2020 Jimbo got hurt

2021 Jimmy couldn't complete a pass in the 4th quarter

2022 We didn't have a QB for most of the game

2021 Jimmy was also hurt with the busted thumb + messed up shoulder. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Winning is hard. Winning is very difficult when playing good teams. There is a certain degree of randomness built into single elimination tournaments. 

Not really that mysterious. Andy Reid has one super bowl as a coach. Dan marino never won one as a QB. Great QBs - Brees, Young, Rodgers...they have one super bowl win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Well I'm 44 and I've seen 3 of the 5 SB wins but haven't seen anything since 1994. I think next season will be the Niners best chance at winning a SB since the Steve Young days. For that to happen they must cover all their bases.

Ehh we will see how this offseason goes. Lots of questions, best bet if Trey Lance turns into something quickly. But who knows if he even gets a chance to play. 

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I mean it's up to him to find someone who is going to be able to stay on the field. Kyle did get there, but at the same time it's his responsibility to make sure that he can get a guy that can stay upright. This has happened every year he's been a head coach. 

But you're asking him to control a variable that can't be quantified. Injuries are a coin toss, literally. He goes out and signs a QB next year who has never missed a game. Then said QB tears his ACL in TC...are we blaming Shanny again??

You can only control what you can control. I think any play that calls for Tyler Croft blocking Riddick one-on-one should have been scraped from the gameplan completey. But you can't predict the outcome from it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Winning is hard. Winning is very difficult when playing good teams. There is a certain degree of randomness built into single elimination tournaments. 

Not really that mysterious. Andy Reid has one super bowl as a coach. Dan marino never won one as a QB. Great QBs - Brees, Young, Rodgers...they have one super bowl win. 

Well next year if the competition is not that great the Niners need to win the SB and right now they are in the mix with the Eagles, Bills, Chiefs & Bengals serving as the main obstacles to the trophy.

4 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Who's trolling?

You are, it's pretry comical. I don't know if your good at it or really bad. You only show up at playoff time to talk **** about the qbs and how we are about to be trounced by a superior team. But you "hope" we win and that's not how you want it to be.