Early Off-season Moves Discussion

BigD88

29 minutes ago, adamq said:

I've seen some chatter about Zeke restructuring, and now some about him possibly getting cut.. which is it?!

Hopefully cut, that’s the smart move. So he’ll probably be restructured. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, adamq said:

I've seen some chatter about Zeke restructuring, and now some about him possibly getting cut.. which is it?!

Well they have 6 days to get under the CAP and they have yet to make any moves. Jerry and Steven always wait to the last minute to get under the CAP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Kinda surprised to not see Lamb there. 

I’m actually happy he is working out in the off-season with the younger receivers. Especially Tolbert. If Tolbert can come around and get a grasp of the offense, it would be beneficial to the team. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Wondering how people feel about this:

In a perfect world, that probably is your best line for 2023, but I really don’t think it is that simple with Steele returning from major injury and Tyler showing so much potential at LT. I actually think Dallas is doing it right this time.

It trips me up when people list off an OL from right to left instead of left to right, lol.

But, yeah. Take a LG early and call your tackle situation a “good problem to have.” It’ll resolve itself in time barring this being Tyron’s first full season in 8 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Wondering how people feel about this:

In a perfect world, that probably is your best line for 2023, but I really don’t think it is that simple with Steele returning from major injury and Tyler showing so much potential at LT. I actually think Dallas is doing it right this time.

All indications are Steele being ready to go by the time the season starts, at least from what some of the beat writers are reporting. Now, obviously, that could change come actual gameplay, but...I think there's reason to be optimistic as of right now. 

I'd agree with Duke. That's your best line-up. But, as we know, they'll try and complicate things that don't need to be difficult. 

22 minutes ago, D82 said:

All indications are Steele being ready to go by the time the season starts, at least from what some of the beat writers are reporting. Now, obviously, that could change come actual gameplay, but...I think there's reason to be optimistic as of right now. 

I'd agree with Duke. That's your best line-up. But, as we know, they'll try and complicate things that don't need to be difficult. 

All you need is for Terrence Steel to be “ready to go”,  but not quite back to form, like we saw with Gallup, and then you have a real problem that forces you to shuffle 3 positions mid-season.

Like I said, in a perfect world, where health isn’t a concern and you are only playing for 2023, then sure. But, due to the health concerns, it’s pretty debatable whether that’s the best option for 2023, and it’s almost certainly not the best option for developing your young players for beyond that. Tyler can be an All-Pro at LT - you need to be extremely careful about making decisions that stunt his growth there.

Tyron hasn’t played a full season in almost a decade. Steele gets extra rehab time, then fills in at RT when the inevitable happens. To me, that’s pretty simple.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Steele being ready for the season is a pipe dream 8 months removed from tears to ACL and MCL. I don’t even know why it’s a Twitter debate. 

The saving grace is that he isn’t a wide receiver. He doesn’t need to sprint 15 yards down field and then make a drastic cut inside or back to the LOS. Surely it’s a more forgiving recovery for a guy who operates in a phone booth. But yeah I’d rather start with The Smiths’ at OT, and Steele at swing. If Steele is truly ready to go give him a chance at LG. 

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer went on the Greg Bedard Podcast and offered the following:

“Some teams think that Cardinals are going to cut him, they think the Cardinals will wind up cutting him.” Breer said (h/t Bro Bible), “His market is not great right now. There’s nobody who was willing to take on Hopkins’ contract and pay the Cardinals initial asking price.””

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer went on the Greg Bedard Podcast and offered the following:

“Some teams think that Cardinals are going to cut him, they think the Cardinals will wind up cutting him.” Breer said (h/t Bro Bible), “His market is not great right now. There’s nobody who was willing to take on Hopkins’ contract and pay the Cardinals initial asking price.””

Time for Jerry to work his magic and roll out the red carpet.