Early Off-season Moves Discussion

BigD88

6 hours ago, Northland said:

Draft a QB soon and go with your strategy.

Would you take a chance on a high upside, young, developing Prospect that can be had at pick 25? Maybe sit him behind Dak for a year and develop his unique skillset?

anthony-richardson-anthony.gif

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Would you take a chance on a high upside, young, developing Prospect that can be had at pick 25? Maybe sit him behind Dak for a year and develop his unique skillset?

I don’t trust Richardson. I love his athleticism, but I don’t like his decisions in the pocket. 

According to over the cap, if we trade Dak this offseason (post June 1) we would actually save $31M on the $2023 cap and $34m on next years cap.  Of course this comes with the downside of $58M in dead money over the next 4 years.  Hypothetically, if we could trade Dak to a team like the raiders who will be in win now mode for the #7 pick plus additional consideration, we could put ourselves in CJ Stroud range.  But with $31m in cap savings and draft capital, we could really put together a solid team.  Hell, we could even take a flier on Brady for one year.

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I’ve not had a chance to really watch him closely yet, but from what I’ve seen, there is a whole lot to love about Richardson.

Right now, I do think it’s unlikely he falls outside of the top 12-15 given that potential. But occasionally these guys get picked apart in the draft process (see: Jackson, Lamar).

So, I’ll say it’s unlikely, but not a bad idea.

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Dak will be most likely and clears about $21m. Zeke and Tyron could add another $15m. DLaw another $10m or so….if they were aggressive, which I highly doubt. 

I fully expect Zeke and Tyron to be June 1sted given the current state of things with the O-Line/RB situation. 

Do you guys expect Pollard to make a return?

23 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don't know too much about him to be honest.  But no doubt over the coming months leading to the draft we will get a thorough breakdown.  I would just like to see Dallas have some leverage in negotiations.