PLAYOFFS | NFC Championship | 🦅 Eagles vs the Niners ⛏️ (!!!!!NFC Champs!!!!!)

Kiltman

For the 7th time since 2000, the Eagles enter championship weekend, and for the 6th time in Philadelphia.

Eagles returned to form this week, showing some of why they looked so good all year.

Coming to town is the Mr. Irrelevant and the packed San Francisco roster.

Key Matchups

• Kyle Shanahan vs Jonathan Gannon
  • Eagles O-line vs Niners Front-7
  • Eagles Sack creators vs Purdy 

So since we had our Vikings game, is this our Falcons game and it ends on a Purdy pass to Deebo? Or are we gonna do the shootout now?

The 9ers present our biggest challenge defensively. Purdy doesn’t scare me a bit though. Same defensive strategy for the Giants game. Keep and eye on the RB and let the QB beat us. Dallas played them very well. That’s some good game film. 

• Like 1

For me this game will come down to two things:

Can we force Purdy to win the game? Win up front, stop the run and our defense should have a solid day. Our Pass rush can win if we can force third and longs.

How does our OL hold up vs Bosa? Lane is playing hurt. He is their game wrecker and the only real pass rusher they have. If we can give Jalen time and let him play from the pocket our WR's are a huge mismatch on their DB's in coverage.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

It's time. Win this one and we'll get a crack at adding another Lombardi to our shelf. 49ers are a great team, in fact they're the best team we've faced all year and one of the few NFL teams that might be able to beat us on our A game. Going to be a great matchup. All I ask is that we play to the level I know we are capable of, no careless mistakes, no dumb penalties. If we do that, I think we'll win.

Eagles 27

49ers 23

49ers have the best D in the NFL, but with our OL, our weapons, playcalling and Jalen, I don't think there's any defense in 2022 that can hold us down if we are avoiding mistakes and executing. The key on both sides will obviously be in the trenches, but for us here I think it will particularly be the pass pro. 49ers D is susceptible to big pass plays. We have a top tier deep ball thrower in Hurts and 3 great targets, but the OL will need to buy him time for those plays to develop. Once the 49ers are forced to maybe play softer or w/ lighter personnel, we start winning on the ground. That is our path to victory on offense I see.

Defensively the key is run defense. Our run D absolutely has to show up. I'm not saying they can't allow a few chunk runs, this an elite run offense vs average to mediocre run D after all, but they can't be churning out positive gains and controlling the clock. We have to be able to force them into obvious pass situations and put as much of this game in Purdy's hands as we can. Outside of his poise he hasn't impressed me in this postseason run, and I think if we are able to slow that run game and force them into more obvious pass situations we will win. Gannon Ds have a pretty good track record vs unremarkable QBs, and if Purdy is who I think he is, there is reason for optimism there. Dallas pass rush got to Purdy, especially in the 1st half, and ours is just as good if not better.

Overall expecting a very close game containing it's fair share of splash plays paired with a handful of 3 & outs.

So we played the Giants and won so thankfully I didn't have to listen to both my Brother and Brother in law talk smack.

Cowboys lost which is always a good thing since several of my closet friends and other Brother in law are unable to talk 💩 now too.

However that now leaves me facing my wife's team the 49ers. God help me if we don't pull this one out. Seriously will be unbearable. Like moving out, type ****! Not kidding! 😎 🙏

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

For the 7th time since 2000, the Eagles enter championship weekend, and for the 6th time in Philadelphia.

Eagles returned to form this week, showing some of why they looked so good all year.

Coming to town is the Mr. Irrelevant and the packed San Francisco roster.

Key Matchups

• Kyle Shanahan vs Jonathan Gannon
  • Eagles O-line vs Niners Front-7
  • Eagles Sack creators vs Purdy 

So since we had our Vikings game, is this our Falcons game and it ends on a Purdy pass to Deebo? Or are we gonna do the shootout now?

Every game this postseason will be the vikings game.

• Like 1