PLAYOFFS | NFC Championship | 🦅 Eagles vs the Niners ⛏️ (!!!!!NFC Champs!!!!!)

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

We outlasted the whole division, won the #1 seed, made it to the NFCCG, got 2nd team All Pro QB that had a case for the MVP. 

All gravy from here. 

We can’t put together a season like this, get to the NFCCG, lose to Brock Purdy and be happy. There’s just no way. It’s SB or bust. You don’t just get handed these situations. It’s a special season. It must continue. If we lose, it’s an opportunity lost. And that’s never a good feeling. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We can’t put together a season like this, get to the NFCCG, lose to Brock Purdy and be happy. There’s just no way. It’s SB or bust. You don’t just get handed these situations. It’s a special season. It must continue. If we lose, it’s an opportunity lost. And that’s never a good feeling. 

Yeah... he needs to get out of here with that nonsense lol.

28 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

And Lane? Right? 

That was still pretty Howie, Chip wanted us to go up and get Dion Jordan.

Ertz was him though in round 2.

We don’t get 2017 and a ring without Chip, good and bad…I’ve forgiven him since then.

It’s not easy to get this far. Some franchises haven’t reached this stage in 20+ years… sure we’d all like to think our ownership and hell maybe even the rabid fanbase has played a part in that consistency over the last 25 years, but the reality is a lot of luck goes into this business. 2017 season, which looked like just the start of a strong run, should have taught us all just how fast this league moves. With the talent we have, it is absolutely Super Bowl or bust.

how does philly beat the 49ers?

first and foremost you have to shut down the 49ers run game. If you can't shut down the run game you are properly f**kd. 

that's accounting for CMC, Mitchell and Deebo. not easy. 49ers OL is very good at run blocking. for as good as the 49ers are at run blocking they have issues with pass blocking... especially the right side....  RT Mike McGlinchey and RG Spencer Burford.

just attack attack attack that right side. blitzes, stunts, overloads you name it. 

Stay away from trent williams. 

Then you have to attack Purdy in the passing game. something Philly should be able to do - so long as the run game is locked up.

Purdy's weakness is he's shorter (6'1) and has limited arm strength. He like to attack the middle of the field from the pocket, if nothing is there he likes to escape out of the pocket to attack the sidelines with his mobility or his ability to throw on the run.

You want to contain him in the pocket -taking away his mobility- and flood the middle of the field with coverage. Make him beat you by throwing into tight windows over the middle or by throwing long passes outside the numbers with big bodies around him... sideline to sideline... putting pressure on his arm strength.

to attack the 49ers defense... you basically do what Philly does. 49ers struggle vs Mobile QBs... RPOs, read options. Lots of Jalen Hurts on the run. this is how you mitigate their pass rush and wear down nick bosa. they've struggled with that throughout Shanahan's tenure. Also -  lots of deep shots to AJ Brown and Davante Smith. Pressure the top of their secondary. Dinking and dunking on this unit is just playing into their hands. you have to hit big plays against them. that's where they're weak. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

15 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

It would definitely sting, would not be happy with a loss. Specially because I expect a massive regression next season because of all the turnover. But I put things in perspective in the sense that this season is a win regardless, if you don't look at it that way, enjoying being a fan is a lot harder with a lot less good moments if it is only Super Bowls you want. 

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It would definitely sting, would not be happy with a loss. Specially because I expect a massive regression next season because of all the turnover. But I put things in perspective in the sense that this season is a win regardless, if you don't look at it that way, enjoying being a fan is a lot harder with a lot less good moments if it is only Super Bowls you want. 

Stop hedging bets. The Eagles will never lose again as long as we live

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You def have to enjoy it week to week. That’s not what I'm saying. But SBs are what ultimately matter. This has been a tremendous year with growth and progress but, for example, this happens and we get bounced at the CG year after year, it gets old. It becomes futile. You need to win. I’m not desperate to win, mind you.  You just don’t want to look back in 5 years and realize this was your best chance and regret being so passive. Disclaimer here, this is pure fan hood talk. I know my feelings and beliefs mean nothing in the grand scheme of the teams successes and failures. But I can guarantee those players are not just happy with progress. Guys like Cox, Kelce, BG know how finite these years are. This might be it for them. One last ride. It’s important to seize the moment is all I’m saying. They aren’t guaranteed. 

• Like 1

No one is denying the end goal this team, players an coaches have had in place pretty much from week 1.

It would absolutely be a let done for everyone involved knowing what's easily attainable and within thier grasps. Especially how Great this team is as a whole.

However if it doesn't happen,  yes disappointment will set in all around but at no point will this season have been a waste of time like the Bears, Texans and Cardinals. 

No this team will never stay intact as it is right now next year. But numerous building blocks have been found, most of all a FQB moving forward. 

That in itself makes 2022 a success.  Just not magical like 2017 if not completed!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1