PLAYOFFS | NFC Championship | 🦅 Eagles vs the Niners ⛏️ (!!!!!NFC Champs!!!!!)

Kiltman

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:

That was still pretty Howie, Chip wanted us to go up and get Dion Jordan.

Ertz was him though in round 2.

We don’t get 2017 and a ring without Chip, good and bad…I’ve forgiven him since then.

This is how I feel about Mike Singletary. We don't get Vernon Davis with his head screwed on right without Singletary. We also don't get our toughness identity without him either. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kiltman said:

That was still pretty Howie, Chip wanted us to go up and get Dion Jordan.

Ertz was him though in round 2.

We don’t get 2017 and a ring without Chip, good and bad…I’ve forgiven him since then.

This is absolutely the truth whether people want to admit it or not.

Lane/Ertz were directly related to what Chip needed. 

I don't hate Chip. He did a lot of good for the team in the long run. 

Aside from the already mentioned. He also installed the mesh-sit-wheel play the Doug ran all the way to the Super Bowl. Also, I think he brought Jenkins and Sproles.

And he's the only one who has beaten Howie, he gets respect for that. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If Bosa lines up vs Lane thinking that's the  side you need to create pressure?

Better go watch Parsons, and switch sides. Up yo ya!🤷‍♂️

I trust Lane vs any edge rusher in football… don’t trust his groin. Clearly was in a lot of pain vs Giants, and this might be something that just gets worse until he gets the surgery. Hurt Lane was still looking like stud tackle vs likes of Thibodeux, but not sure how him and groin would hold up in 30 pass block snaps vs Bosa. Fortunately they move him around so doubt that’ll be case.

Omenihu won’t play after a DV arrest right? Never know with NFL but assuming he’s out, that’d be a nice a break. Thin out their DL rotation a bit.

23 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

No one is denying the end goal this team, players an coaches have had in place pretty much from week 1.

It would absolutely be a let done for everyone involved knowing what's easily attainable and within thier grasps. Especially how Great this team is as a whole.

However if it doesn't happen,  yes disappointment will set in all around but at no oint will this season have been a waste of time like the Bears, Texans and Cardinals. 

No this team will never stay intact as it is right now next year. But numerous building blocks have been found, most of all a FQB moving forward. 

That in itself makes 2022 a success.  Just not magical like 2017 if not completed!!!

You said it yourself; this will not stay intact. Which means, an opportunity lost is an opportunity wasted. It isn’t as cut and dry as I’m making it, no. Theres plenty of room for argument for players to get better and progress young players. But ultimately, you have to win. Dan Marino went to the SB his second (?) year.  Then never again. It’s important to know as players and fans, these seasons are rare. 

58 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I trust Lane vs any edge rusher in football… don’t trust his groin. Clearly was in a lot of pain vs Giants, and this might be something that just gets worse until he gets the surgery. Hurt Lane was still looking like stud tackle vs likes of Thibodeux, but not sure how him and groin would hold up in 30 pass block snaps vs Bosa. Fortunately they move him around so doubt that’ll be case.

Omenihu won’t play after a DV arrest right? Never know with NFL but assuming he’s out, that’d be a nice a break. Thin out their DL rotation a bit.

XGlJbZz.png

I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't play tbh. Not sure the DA will be charging him for this. But if he is charged or there isn't some sort of clarity by the end of the week? Then yeah, he's probably not going to play. 

17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If Bosa lines up vs Lane thinking that's the  side you need to create pressure?

Better go watch Parsons, and switch sides. Up yo ya!🤷‍♂️

Bosa will line up both sides as he usually does and then go to the side he is having more success. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bosa will line up both sides as he usually does and then go to the side he is having more success. 

Unless Lane has a set back, injures it more I'd say Bosa stays on the opposite side then.

I could be wrong but I think Sirianni will run right at Bosa with RPO's like they did against Parsons the frst game when he was visibly confused.

Not say Bosa will be the same but making him think every snap the RB, QB or Pass is coming my direction should slow his pass rush down, even if hesitant for a split second will matter.

That first Dallas game was absolutely comical watching Parsons vs Lane.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Unless Lane has a set back, injures it more I'd say Bosa stays on the opposite side then.

Bosa plays like around 60 percent on the left side (vs. RT) and 40 on the right side (vs. LT).

Also, Lane didn’t have someone that could really bull rush him like Nick can. That’s kind of why I wanted a team with lighter edges to face in his first game back and was glad we got the Giants with Kayvon and Azeez. 

You can go to Chris Long’s podcast to see a recent interview with Lane talking about playing through the injury and you can tell it def is bothering him and he can’t do all the stuff he wishes he could. He even insinuated kinda jokingly that he would like Sirianni to give him more help. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He even insinuated kinda jokingly that he would like Sirianni to give him more help. 

I would hope that's the plan giving his injury? Putting him on an island not healthy would be stupid.

I'm curious if we run RPO straight at him? Force him to tackle and commit to stopping the run? Use up energy there, try to wear him down?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I would hope that's the plan giving his injury? Putting him on an island not healthy would be stupid.

I'm curious if we run RPO straight at him? Force him to tackle and commit to stopping the run? Use up energy there, try to wear him down?

Definitely think we’ll do some of that. I also don’t think they are as deep as us on the DL, so they need Bosa and Armstead to play virtually every snap they can. I’d love to be able to keep their hands on their hips with long drives running the ball, but that’ll be tough to do.

Snap counts in the playoffs:

Bosa: 94

Armstead: 83

Ebukam: 77

Kinlaw: 53

Omenihu: 49

Willis: 49

Reddick: 36

Sweat: 34

Hargrave: 31

Cox: 28

Graham: 12

Niners also have one day less rest since they played Sunday, so there should be no excuses. Hopefully we get out to a decent lead on them in the first half with how good they are at locking things down defensively in the second half this year.