PLAYOFFS | NFC Championship | 🦅 Eagles vs the Niners ⛏️ (!!!!!NFC Champs!!!!!)

Kiltman

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Niners also have one day less rest since they played Sunday, so there should be no excuses. Hopefully we get out to a decent lead on them in the first half with how good they are at locking things down defensively in the second half this year.

The bolded will most likely happen. And if it doesn't it will be a one score lead by the Niners. I say this because just about every game during our win streak, the offense starts off slow and it seems to be by design. Shanahan uses the first couple of drives to feel out the defense and to set them up for haymakers in the second half. 

I could absolutely see the Eagles going into halftime with the lead, but the second half is where the jaws of the 49ers typically closes around the opponent and the haymakers start flying. 

It will be interesting to see if Philly comes out swinging if Shanahan starts going into his bag early. He's generally a pretty conservative playcaller, but I don't think you can be that way this week.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

He's generally a pretty conservative playcaller, but I don't think you can be that way this week.

Agreed. He’s strangely not nearly as aggressive as I’d want him to be considering how good of a play caller/designer he is. I’d say Sirianni is pretty great with in game decisions and some of that is probably from giving up play calling duties. Shanny has to juggle both duties. 

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Maddox practiced. Pleaseeeeee be healthy enough to play.

He’s really a difference maker. That Dallas game he looked shot out of a cannon before he got hurt. Ironically, making a play no less. And he puts CJGJ back at the S spot. Just a real important piece for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Agreed. He’s strangely not nearly as aggressive as I’d want him to be considering how good of a play caller/designer he is. I’d say Sirianni is pretty great with in game decisions and some of that is probably from giving up play calling duties. Shanny has to juggle both duties. 

It's annoying to Niner fans, too. He's got a garage full of hyper cars and seems hesitant to see how fast he can drive them. Part of it was Jimmy and his limitations. He's actually be a little more aggressive with Purdy as he seems trust him more than Jimmy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

He’s really a difference maker. That Dallas game he looked shot out of a cannon before he got hurt. Ironically, making a play no less. And he puts CJGJ back at the S spot. Just a real important piece for us. 

Curious what that means for Blankenship? I believe he led all Eagles players in defensive snaps last week?

Would it be Reed or Epps, losing snaps? Wonder if JG puts CGJ on Kittle? 

Having Avonte back would be huge!

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Curious what that means for Blankenship? I believe he led all Eagles players in defensive snaps last week?

I’d assume Reed is losing the snaps. That’s CJGJs position. I guess it depends how Maddox is holding up. 

44 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

CGJ on kittle is very interesting. I like that a lot actually. Bradberry Slay and CGJ take on the 3 weapons. Would just need to account for CMC then

Can't wait to see Reddick on Sunday. Been so much talk about Bosa, AP, DPOY, Sack leader ect... I'm curious if Hassan tries to put on a show for the rest of the world who still doesn't believe in nor want to put him in that group of "great pass rushers" despite the numbers.

Everyone is so focused on Bosa/Lane, no one in the media or fanbases have said a word about the matchup of Reddick/McGlinchey.

• Like 1

Last time CJG was on Kittle:

Easy work!!!!! Kidding, I think CGJ could do a solid job on Kittle if that is the match up but honestly for the Niners, it really does not matter. Any of the top receiving options can have a big game and it usually does not matter if one or two of them have quiet games. One game Kittle goes off, and then the other game he barely gets like two or three targets. I'm guessing Shanny will try to get Deebo the ball on quick screens/slants/crossers and let him break a big play. It's going to come down to if the Niners can have decent enough of success in the run game where they can still work the play action game. If not, then this game is going to be a wrap. 

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can't wait to see Reddick on Sunday. Been so much talk about Bosa, AP, DPOY, Sack leader ect... I'm curious if Hassan tries to put on a show for the rest of the world who still doesn't believe in nor want to put him in that group of "great pass rushers" despite the numbers.

Everyone is so focused on Bosa/Lane, no one in the media or fanbases have said a word about the matchup of Reddick/McGlinchey.

Which fanbase are you referring to? Because the Niners fanbase has talked about that match up since we beat the Cowboys lol. McGlinchey doesn't have much of a chance and we all expect Juice and/or Kittle to chip Reddick as they did against Parsons. Williams is going to be singled up against whoever lines up his way but McGlinchey will certainly need help against Reddick or Sweat. We just have to get the Eagles to bring the big boys in and lose some of their pass rush. That's why being able to run it somewhat effectively is the key. In last year's match up, your front did a great job of shutting our run game down. If the same happens this time around, then well.....I think you know how this one ends lol.