Was paying Dak like a top 5 QB a mistake?

DaBoys

3 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I saw this and thought it was comical, then I was like, that PR employee who sent that is probably without a job now lol

Yeah I mean, I agree with the tweet, but I don’t think it’s the Teams Official Account that needs to be tweeting it. What a joke. 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah I mean, I agree with the tweet, but I don’t think it’s the Teams Official Account that needs to be tweeting it. What a joke. 

Are you honestly surprised? All in all, I respect that the person behind the teams official account spoke the truth. Enough babying of these high paid players. Dak makes over 40 million but he can’t be called out or his feelings might get hurt. Zeke held out with 2 years left on his deal to get paid and had his feelings hurt when Jerry said “Zeke who” in reference to Tony Pollard. Now he’s willing to take a pay cut to “help the team”, after averaging 2 ypc and looking like a FB for the last 2 years.

I say embrace the dysfunction. The official Cowboys account is fed up and the tweet about Dak is still up 48 hours later. That’s hilarious.

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 2

You know, all is not lost. Our defense did their job. With the exception of a few dropped INTs, they played well enough to win.

Special teams... ehhhhhh...missed PAT, almost TD on punt return, I'd say 50/50.

Offense, if we had a QB that could read the field and get the ball out quickly, we win that game.

All is not lost. To actually compete we need to have the stones to do the following:

Replace Dak with:

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Russell Wilson.

Get a workhorse RB.

Get a DT rotation of solid players.

This team has a really good O line, WRs, I believe Gallup and Hilton could be wayyy better if they had an accurate QB. 

A solid defense. All we need is an old pro that has the savy to put ys over.

Oh yeah, a Kicker!

33 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

You know, all is not lost. Our defense did their job. With the exception of a few dropped INTs, they played well enough to win.

Special teams... ehhhhhh...missed PAT, almost TD on punt return, I'd say 50/50.

Offense, if we had a QB that could read the field and get the ball out quickly, we win that game.

All is not lost. To actually compete we need to have the stones to do the following:

Replace Dak with:

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Russell Wilson.

Get a workhorse RB.

Get a DT rotation of solid players.

This team has a really good O line, WRs, I believe Gallup and Hilton could be wayyy better if they had an accurate QB. 

A solid defense. All we need is an old pro that has the savy to put ys over.

Oh yeah, a Kicker!

Lmfao with all this Brady and Rodgers and Wilson trade talk 😂😂😂 if you cut or trade Dak, the CAP ramifications will prevent you from signing a Brady or Rodgers. That would be a **** ton of money tied up in QB position. If you trade or cut Dak you’re looking at Draft for a QB to replace him. Nothing more. 

• Like 1

Just now, textaz03 said:

Lmfao with all this Brady and Rodgers and Wilson trade talk 😂😂😂 if you cut or trade Dak, the CAP ramifications will prevent you from signing a Brady or Rodgers. That would be a **** ton of money tied up in QB position. If you trade or cut Dak you’re looking at Draft for a QB to replace him. Nothing more. 

Well then, we are truly fuked. Because without pulling an LA Rams or TBBucs, 2 teams that had what we have now but not the trigger man, you can expect more of the same.

While everyone knows I support Dak I would also support who ever is our QB. Now I suppose if we could trade Dak for Rogers I would do that in a heart beat for sure. And hope next year is like last years Rams no injuries and everything goes perfect.  And maybe Brady of last year.  But you saw what you get with this years Brady. And you really want Wilson come on man.  Don’t talk to me about Cousins or Geno or Goff either just in case.   I wouldn’t even want Purdy unless you give me his coaching staff and their D and Kittle and ….  you get the idea.   

unfortunately aspects of the game have changed greatly over the past two years.  The Watson massive contract that is guaranteed is scary.  Jackson has as I understand it refused to hire an agent cause he thinks why bother I am worth more then Watson so that’s good enough for me just pay me a little more and guarantee it.  This does changes things such that the concept of recycling your QB every 4 years OR LESS is attractive to owners.  But I go to tell you doing it is going to suck as a FAN.  Not working well for SD Jags have two years left got lucky to make playoffs and will be close to not making it next year if Tennessee has a healthy team.  Didn’t work for Buffalo who had probably the best QB out of all of them.  KC is it and that only worked once…

That report also is misleading about rook contracts.   Mahomes is unique and has been paid.  And SF is unique as well.  They are using their third string QB. Philly got lucky some one took their left over QB off their hands and paid them to do. Cincy is the only team that truly used the draft a top rookie and go program and also got lucky in finding the best WR in football to go with their QB who also is on a rook deal. Burrow is not doing it without Chase or some one just as good which doesn’t exist (Diggs or Cupp maybe)That is why we beat Cincy earlier in the year remember, Chase didn’t play.   And Burrow will need an extension this off season I imagine.  So this is it for them as well if you follow that program.  

basically as much as you don’t want to hear it. It comes does to who gets “lucky” to make the superbowl and win.   Or have a generational talent on your side and no bad luck   See Mahomes or Brady

Luck - refs ignore obvious PI call Rams make Super Bowl. Some how a back up gets hot and had a career half year or so Philly wins superbowl.  

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

I saw a tweet that I didn't realize. All 4 of Dak's losses in the playoffs have been by one score. Take from it as one wishe's.

I’ll say with a grain of salt. First of all, 50.41% of all NFL games from 2000-2022 were decided by 1 score. 

Secondly, this years playoff game was close and separated by one score, but Dak threw 2 picks and the defense held the 49ers to field goals afterwards. That’s 6 points that Dak single-handedly gave them. So saying he only lost by what he himself gave them doesn’t move the needle for me. 

The other 3 losses? Well.. we were down 28-13 going into the 4th Qt of the Packers game. We were down 20-7 at halftime to the Rams, and down 23-7 in the 4th QT last year to the 49ers. 

We are losing by a combined score of 74 to 35 in the first 3 quarters of those 3 losses. These were not close games imo. Dak and the offense made it interesting in the 4th qt but, the games were butt whoopings for 3 quarters and we lost because of it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I’ll say with a grain of salt. First of all, 50.41% of all NFL games from 2000-2022 were decided by 1 score. 

Secondly, this years playoff game was close and separated by one score, but Dak threw 2 picks and the defense held the 49ers to field goals afterwards. That’s 6 points that Dak single-handedly gave them. So saying he only lost by what he himself gave them doesn’t move the needle for me. 

The other 3 losses? Well.. we were down 28-13 going into the 4th Qt of the Packers game. We were down 20-7 at halftime to the Rams, and down 23-7 in the 4th QT last year to the 49ers. 

We are losing by a combined score of 74 to 35 in the first 3 quarters of those 3 losses. These were not close games imo. Dak and the offense made it interesting in the 4th qt but, the games were butt whoopings for 3 quarters and we lost because of it. 

All fair points.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 8:42 PM, Rtnldave said:

Replace Dak with:

1. Tom Brady 2. Aaron Rodgers 3. Russell Wilson. NOPE. CAP HIT WOULD DESTROY THIS TEAM. 

Get a workhorse RB. YES. IN THE DRAFT. 

Get a DT rotation of solid players. I WOULD RE-SIGN JONATHAN HANKINS. ANDDDDDDDDDD PAY DA RON PAYNE. JUMBO DTs. 

This team has a really good O line, WRs, I believe Gallup and Hilton could be wayyy better if they had an accurate QB. OLINE IS AVERAGE. THEY NEED TO DRAFT ANOTHER GUARD OR TACKLE THAT CAN PLAY GUARD. RE-SIGN MCGOVERN? NOT SURE. BUT GO YOUNGER AND BIGGER/STRONGER. IF WE GO WITH DAK THEN HE NEEDS SOLID PROTECTION AND A RUN GAME. REMEMBER THOSE 1ST ROUND OL PICKS THAT GOT DEMARCO MURRAY THE RB TITLE AND HISTORY. 

A solid defense. All we need is an old pro that has the savy to put ys over. DT AND CB IS WHERE I WOULD IMPROVE THE COWBOYS D. LB? NEED A VANDER TYPE OF PLAYER. NOT SURE ABOUT RE-SIGNING HIM FOR LONG TERM. INJURY PRONE. 

Oh yeah, a Kicker! COMPETITION.