2022 NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles

DigInBoys

Who will win the NFC Championship?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC Championship?

• 49ers
    • Eagles
    • Toss Up

4 hours ago, Towerbridge said:

People are forgetting how biased the refs were for the Eagles. You can argue 2 TD's for them 

Literally only one, and Shanahan could've challenged it. The penalties were mostly all correct throughout the day. Stop whining about the refs. The 9ers and their fans have my deepest sympathies for the QB situation, but not the officiating. Stop making illegal plays and you won't get penalized.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

Literally only one, and Shanahan could've challenged it. The penalties were mostly all correct throughout the day. Stop whining about the refs. The 9ers and their fans have my deepest sympathies for the QB situation, but not the officiating. Stop making illegal plays and you won't get penalized.

Let em know big dawg. They got smacked by the number 1 seed not the 8th or the packers in the playoffs. Eagles are for real 👏😤

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Let em know big dawg. They got smacked by the number 1 seed not the 8th or the packers in the playoffs. Eagles are for real 👏😤

Yeah, like doing a victory lap because you used Game Genie to beat Sonic 2. :)

That was not a legit showcase for either team for multiple reasons lol. Even the Eagles fans here know that. The biggest hurdle they had was complaining about a wire. It's all good though. We'll finally get to see what they can do against the Chiefs, which I'm excited for. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah, like doing a victory lap because you used Game Genie to beat Sonic 2. :)

That was not a legit showcase for either team for multiple reasons lol. 

I understand. But it’s part of the game. Were the eagles suppose to bench Jalen because Purdy was hurt? I understand that it wasn’t fair. But it is what it is. Maybe next year. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Danger said:

This. Along with protect your QBs,  and they won't get UCLs torn and brains concussed.

On 1/30/2023 at 3:03 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Had the same question and got blasted for asking such a stupid question? Apparently that's never been practiced or installed into a Kyle Shanahan offense.  

Despite 2 of the most versatile "weapons" in football. 🤷‍♂️ 

It's extra strange since I'm pretty sure I've seen deebo throw the ball as a 49er. 

I could understand not doing it with McCaffrey since he has only been in the system for half a season, but deebo at QB/wildcat with McCaffrey nearby would be a fairly straightforward option that would only actually require deebo and the offense knowing like three plays. Run left, run center, pass play with a short and a deep option.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

It's extra strange since I'm pretty sure I've seen deebo throw the ball as a 49er. 

I could understand not doing it with McCaffrey since he has only been in the system for half a season, but deebo at QB/wildcat with McCaffrey nearby would be a fairly straightforward option that would only actually require deebo and the offense knowing like three plays. Run left, run center, pass play with a short and a deep option.

I imagine there would have been an interception within 3 passes if they tried Deebo, CMC, or Juice at QB. IMO it just wasn't a realistic option

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

They have both thrown 2 passes as a niner. Neither is the emergency QB - that is Juice. It's honestly just such a weird thing to even discuss though. Putting Purdy back in is ostensibly the same thing because you're not throwing downfield with position players, the defense is still going to stack the box with 6 defensive linemen like they are doing, etc. At least purdy can make the calls. 

You can't flip the offense to a triple option or something on the fly. YOu don't have language and verbiage, assignments, etc. People aren't just going to get it right on the fly like that. 

Kendall Hinton played QB in college, had an entire week to prepare and couldn't do jack. 

It really was just all the same anyway. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

They have both thrown 2 passes as a niner. Neither is the emergency QB - that is Juice. It's honestly just such a weird thing to even discuss though. Putting Purdy back in is ostensibly the same thing because you're not throwing downfield with position players, the defense is still going to stack the box with 6 defensive linemen like they are doing, etc. At least purdy can make the calls. 

You can't flip the offense to a triple option or something on the fly. YOu don't have language and verbiage, assignments, etc. People aren't just going to get it right on the fly like that. 

Kendall Hinton played QB in college, had an entire week to prepare and couldn't do jack. 

It really was just all the same anyway. 

It blew my mind that this was such a discussion in the GDT, people actually suggesting that the 49ers should just flip a switch and suddenly go triple option or wildcat. If any team in the league has the personnel to run that, it's 100% the 49ers. But acting like they can do it mid-game is honestly insulting to how much prep and detail actually goes into preparing an NFL offense. We just watched multiple playoff teams this year struggle to get play calls in in 40 seconds with backup QBs that they knew were going to start the week. The Dolphins and Ravens could not get play calls in consistently with a week to prep a normal QB who spent the year in that offense at the position. How on earth is a 49er skill player going to do that on a minute's notice? CMC isn't even going to be able to call a play consistently in the huddle, and that's no disrespect to CMC, but acknowledgement of how complicated NFL offenses tend to be. Suddenly a guy who basically needs to know just his own role within the play, needs to be able to successfully relay the role of all 11 guys, adjust protections, read the defense, etc. Not to mention, options are designed to key off of certain players and tendencies in the defense, you can't just install that on the sideline.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

We just watched multiple playoff teams this year struggle to get play calls in in 40 seconds with backup QBs that they knew were going to start the week.

In the very same game Josh Johnson, the actual backup QB, had three delay of game penalties.

15 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

CMC isn't even going to be able to call a play consistently in the huddle, and that's no disrespect to CMC, but acknowledgement of how complicated NFL offenses tend to be. Suddenly a guy who basically needs to know just his own role within the play, needs to be able to successfully relay the role of all 11 guys, adjust protections, read the defense, etc. Not to mention, options are designed to key off of certain players and tendencies in the defense, you can't just install that on the sideline.

If Johnson hadn't fumbled before halftime and the defense had gotten a few more stops, Kyle might, at best, have been able to get Purdy to pitch it to CMC for a trick play like in the Rams game to tie it up/take a lead, but a defense as good as the Eagles wouldn't have fallen for that more than once, if it even works at all the first time. In fact, he did try a play with CMC lining up behind center that resulted in the Eagles D-line swarming him and forcing him to chuck a deep pass to Sam Darnold's friends

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 2