2022 NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles

DigInBoys

Who will win the NFC Championship?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC Championship?

• 49ers
    • Eagles
    • Toss Up

Just now, Danger said:

I don't think y'all can afford a shaky start. If the Eagles get up by 2 scores and it becomes pretty predictable when you guys are going to pass the ball, Reddick, Sweat, Graham, Hargrave, and Cox will pin their ears back and just get after Purdy. With how your line was performing most of the game against Dallas, they have a lot of kinks to work out. 

I don't like making predictions, but I do like the Eagles chances after what I saw yesterday.

I mean that is fine if you like what you saw yesterday....Cool, be as confident as you want to, I'm not stopping you.

But of course if the Eagles get up two scores it won't be ideal at all for the Niners but one team is consistently starting out hot while the other team gets better as the game goes on. I think the Eagles being up early is going to happen. The Niners just don't turn it up until the 2nd half. Why? I don't know but that's just how it has been. 

The Niners biggest strength is that they are mentally tough and stubborn. They aren't likely to fall apart even with an early deficit. Should be a good one! 

23 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The 49ers have no weaknesses

Wish that were true, but we were getting handled in the trenches last night.  Eagles DL vs 49ers OL will be the deciding factor I think.

Philly is better than Cinci or KC in my eyes, I think whoever wins this game will go on to win the Lombardi

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think he is. I'd absolutely pick the 9ers to win if this were in San Francisco.

People keep talking about how easy Shanny makes it for him....And that is certainly true but it's not like Purdy doesn't make plays on his own or doesn't do good things. He is clearly the worst QB left in the field but the other three QBs are going to finish top 3 in the MVP race so that's not really saying much lol. 

Purdy is better than Jimmy G and that's pretty clear. Is that enough to get SF over the hump? We shall see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

People keep talking about how easy Shanny makes it for him....And that is certainly true but it's not like Purdy doesn't make plays on his own or doesn't do good things. He is clearly the worst QB left in the field but the other three QBs are going to finish top 3 in the MVP race so that's not really saying much lol. 

Purdy is better than Jimmy G and that's pretty clear. Is that enough to get SF over the hump? We shall see. 

When you realistically think a Rookie picked in the 7th round is poised to take the job from the guy you took 3rd overall a year prior and gave up 3 first round picks for, you know he's the real deal.

Someone pointed out that last nights game v Dallas was made for Jimmy since he can throw lightning passes and I think the same holds true v the Eagles. Have Purdy start and if he goes 3 and out the first couple drives let Jimmy try and see how he does. I don’t think people will go for it since he hasn’t played in 2 months, but this is a all or nothing year, gotta go for it

7 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Also wouldn’t be surprised if Purdy throws a few picks in this one. He’s been living on the edge with some of his passes.

This is how I feel about Hurts. The 49ers are going to be the best defense he's seen outside of the Cowboys, while (presumably) having to keep up with an offense firing on all cylinders. We are going to see if Hurts can finally avoid shrinking in big games against real opponents.

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

This is how I feel about Hurts. The 49ers are going to be the best defense he's seen outside of the Cowboys, while (presumably) having to keep up with an offense firing on all cylinders. We are going to see if Hurts can finally avoid shrinking in big games against real opponents.

What?

Take your New York Homer shades somewhere else lol

8 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

What big game did he shrink in exactly?

20 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I trust Hurts style of play way more than Purdy. He sticks to the game plan. Purdy deviates from the game plan a lot. Sometimes it works out but against this Eagles D it prove deadly.