2022 NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles

DigInBoys

Who will win the NFC Championship?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC Championship?

• 49ers
    • Eagles
    • Toss Up

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

The niners are horrific at containing rushing QBs too lol. It's a very aggressive, pass rush so they get burnt by running QBs 

Dak had plenty of opportunities to take off against the Niners, too. Lucky for us he just never really did

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

If the Eagles LB's are a weakness, then this will be a Kittle/McCaffrey game for sure. Maybe even Deebo depending if we use him from the backfield 

TJ Edwards was a top 5 ish Middle Linebacker this past season.

Kyzir White is good enough, and Hasson Reddick is a hybrid Linebacker who lines up at the SAM at times though, we kinda are more running him as a pass rusher more often effectively putting 3 EDGE guys near the line and only 2 off ball linebackers. A weird quasi 4-3/3-4

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Going to have to spy him and hope whoever they choose is up for the task

I've gotta feel like it's going to be primarily Hufanga or Warner depending on down and distance. I don't think guys like Greenlaw are gonna be able to keep up.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've gotta feel like it's going to be primarily Hufanga or Warner depending on down and distance. I don't think guys like Greenlaw are gonna be able to keep up.

They aren't going to spy. They never do. They are a heavy zone team and using Warner as a spy would probably do as much damage to the 49ers defense as it would give them any benefit. You probably don't want to lock up in man against the two outside receivers either. Maybe Ward does okay, but I wouldn't have amazing confidence in Lenoir being able to do that. 

I would guess that they are just going to cross their fingers that they can bring Hurts down. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Greenlaw most definitely could keep up, he's a very good athlete himself. But really, read options have killed us where the edges have crashed to the backs and lost containment. Hurts will get his yards but we just have to be strong in the RZ and hold to FGs instead of TDs. The Eagles are going to be able to move the ball as they always do. Not going in the game and expecting to hold this offense to under 300 yards like we just did against the Cowboys.

Hufanga will be blitzing quite a bit trying to blow those read options up but that's going to leave the corners in one on one match ups against two stud WRs. Ward should be able to do a solid job on Brown but Smith vs Lenoir could be a problem. 

• Like 1