2023 Bills Offseason Discussion

Nick

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Unfortunately he is not going to be cheaper, teams like the bills arent the only ones looking at him. Multiple teams are already said to be in the mix and he will likely come out with more then most fans will expect. Not sure if that will matter but houston played majority of his career in a 3-4 base formation while bills have a 4-2 formation so is this also going to hinder his performance by having his hand in the ground? Does he even want to move to that position at his age too. Some things to think about 

Well if we go off of last year Houston was about half the price of Yannick. I do not have much concern about him play with his hand in the dirt. Von Miller seemed to be able to transition to an even front after playing the vast majority of his career in a 3/4 defense.

15 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Well if we go off of last year Houston was about half the price of Yannick. I do not have much concern about him play with his hand in the dirt. Von Miller seemed to be able to transition to an even front after playing the vast majority of his career in a 3/4 defense.

My pause with Houston is his age. He could be similar to the Addison signing. We hoped Addison was going to be close to a 10-sack guy like he was in Carolina, but he average 6 sacks a year in Buffalo and clearly lost a step.

We know what we'd be getting with Yannick. He's only 28 compared to Houston who is 34. 

I'm not opposed to Houston. I would be happy if they signed him. Also, if Yannick is asking for a big pay day, then I'd obviously pass, but if the market is thin...jump on the opportunity to grab a guy who is likely going to give you 10 ish sacks a year for the foreseeable future!

And with Von's impact this season a big question mark (ACL injuries suck)- I'd like to snag a DE in his prime who can get to the QB.

Edited by WizeGuy

As if we needed any further proof that Isaiah McKenzie is the worst. He claims if the Bills played in a dome they would have won the divisional round. He also said the Bengals ran easy routes and we should have to. 

I can think of two distinct drops by him in LA and Miami in perfect conditions. He just sucks. He also said he was mad when the Bills signed Deonte Harty because "that was my position". I get he was a glue guy in the locker room but good riddance to him.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

As if we needed any further proof that Isaiah McKenzie is the worst. He claims if the Bills played in a dome they would have won the divisional round. He also said the Bengals ran easy routes and we should have to. 

I can think of two distinct drops by him in LA and Miami in perfect conditions. He just sucks. He also said he was mad when the Bills signed Deonte Harty because "that was my position". I get he was a glue guy in the locker room but good riddance to him.

Bills should play in a dome so instead he leaves and sign with the Giants.........who play in an open air stadium......in NJ. That man doesn't do too much thinking. Needs to go back to his acapella group and tryout for some more shows.

5 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

My pause with Houston is his age. He could be similar to the Addison signing. We hoped Addison was going to be close to a 10-sack guy like he was in Carolina, but he average 6 sacks a year in Buffalo and clearly lost a step.

We know what we'd be getting with Yannick. He's only 28 compared to Houston who is 34. 

I'm not opposed to Houston. I would be happy if they signed him. Also, if Yannick is asking for a big pay day, then I'd obviously pass, but if the market is thin...jump on the opportunity to grab a guy who is likely going to give you 10 ish sacks a year for the foreseeable future!

And with Von's impact this season a big question mark (ACL injuries suck)- I'd like to snag a DE in his prime who can get to the QB.

Houston's age is a bit of concern, but he has shown to still be very productive. Also both Yannick and Houston will likely sign 1 year deals so I am not too concerned about Houston's age in that scenario. If it was a multi year deal I would be more concerned and would lean towards Yannick.

On 5/19/2023 at 11:58 AM, DER10N92 said:

Bills should play in a dome so instead he leaves and sign with the Giants.........who play in an open air stadium......in NJ. That man doesn't do too much thinking. Needs to go back to his acapella group and tryout for some more shows.

Didn’t he sign with the Colts? Guess he gets his precious dome after all lol

On 5/19/2023 at 2:20 PM, Billsfaninptown said:

Houston's age is a bit of concern, but he has shown to still be very productive. Also both Yannick and Houston will likely sign 1 year deals so I am not too concerned about Houston's age in that scenario. If it was a multi year deal I would be more concerned and would lean towards Yannick.

it may be a one year deal but if it pans out it could be for longer which is why Yannick would be the best bet. a 1 year proved it deal is a better option then a 1 year deal with a guy who is 34 years old. Yannick becomes an impact for the bills I can see them having him stay on a 2-3 year deal next offseason. More potential and upside with yannick then another pass rusher who may or may not make it a whole season. 

I want Dhop but it feels like he ends up in KC or he chases the money. Hopefully Beane can get it done.

The question is if Beane does make the move who is the odd man out? You have Diggs, Harty, Sheffield, Shakir, Shorter, and Davis. Do they role with 7 and 3 TEs?

On 5/26/2023 at 4:39 PM, soflbillsfan said:

I want Dhop but it feels like he ends up in KC or he chases the money. Hopefully Beane can get it done.

The question is if Beane does make the move who is the odd man out? You have Diggs, Harty, Sheffield, Shakir, Shorter, and Davis. Do they role with 7 and 3 TEs?

Any contenders have money? I heard the Chiefs are worst off then we are financially 

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Any contenders have money? I heard the Chiefs are worst off then we are financially 

A simple extension for Chris Jones can clear up 16 mil. Ravens have 12 mil, Jets have a ton of money if he wanted to go there, Cleveland was mentioned by someone they have about $6 mil before adjustments, another person linked him to Pats they have 11 mil (but I think this is a stretch as he mentioned a legit qb and the history isnt good between him and BoB). Im not sure about anyone else I know he mentioned he wouldnt mind playing with herbert but they drafted Johnston and have allen/williams combo. Philly was another team he mentioned but they have brown/smith/ghoedert. Outside of that I think it really comes down to Bills chiefs and ravens. Could have a dark horse in which a non-instant contender like Carolina or even Detroit may throw money at him.

So the reality is that Dhop is likely not chasing a ring as the primary reason to move on from AZ or he would have signed with a team. While he has stated that he wants to play with the 5 named qbs, with stable organization rumors have been changing in which he is interested in Cleveland and Houston, both dont have the Qbs he was searching for, the stability in the front office, nor the defense he was talking so highly about. It seems like a JJ watt type move saying he was looking to win but reality hit that it ended up being the money as the driving factor. If that is the case I do not see how the bills can compete or would want to compete for his services if money is the sole reason for him. While I would like him I dont see the point of getting hopes up high for him and as each day passes it seems less and less likely he comes to buffalo.