2023 Bills Offseason Discussion

Nick

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I know there has been more. I'll try and find the official list of top 30 visits. TE Durham Smyth is someone we talk to at the combine and met with him over zoom.

Quite a few WRs 4 1st rd projections are visiting: Flowers (dinner tomorrow work out thursday), JSN, Hyatt, and Addison. Not to mention they also are looking at a few others in day 2 and 3, not to state the obvious but WR is likely going to be a top 3 pick for them if not the 1st rd pick based off of how many they have met with between 30 visits pro day combine and senior bowl.

Darrel Luter Jr CB from South Alabama, Alabama Safety Jordan Battle and Michigan TE Luke Schoonmaker also met with Bills either virtually or bringing them in

Updated list for the top 30 visits, Private Workouts, and ZOOM calls

Jordan Addison WR USC
Justin Shorter WR UF
Zay Flowers WR BC
Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU
Jalin Hyatt WR Tenn
Tank Dell WR Hou
Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan
Darnell Washington TE UGA
Luke Musgrave TE Oregon St
Payne Durham TE Pur
Darnell Wright OT Tenn
O'Cyrus Torrence OG UF
Tyjae Spears RB Tulane
Bijan Robinson RB UT
Kendre MIller RB TCU 
Roscon Johnson RB UT
Darrell Luter CB S.Bama
Jordan Battle S Bama
Brian Branch S Bama
Marte Mapu S/LB Sac St
Zacch Pickens DL SC
Gervon Dexter DL UF
Jaquelin Roy DL LSU
Derick Hall DL Aub

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Is Mazi Smith projected as a 1 tech or 3 tech?

Ideally he would be both. He's not my top choice by any means but I really wouldn't be shocked to see him picked.

I think he's an early down player to start. Maybe use him and Daquan Jones together and unleash Oliver/Phillips on passing downs, or he could rotate with both Oliver and Jones. He'd add a wrinkle and would almost certainly free up our LB's.

If we go defense in round 1 he'd probably be my top choice. 

For all of us who want a WR this should make us happy. I also think TE2 could be a sneaky add in round 1. Maybe Dorsey and Josh want more 12 personnel but couldn't run it last year. Or...

The idea of 11 personnel with Diggs/Davis/Knox and then Darnell Washington as the 6th OL and Cook or Hines in the backfield seems pretty enticing for passing downs. 

12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Good insurance to have going into the draft. 

I have a feeling that they dont go after a LB in the draft. Their list of players they have been in contact with is interesting considering they have only met with a hybrid LB/S thus far. Could be part of the list that hasn't been announced but still seems like they are happy with what they have

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I have a feeling that they dont go after a LB in the draft. Their list of players they have been in contact with is interesting considering they have only met with a hybrid LB/S thus far. Could be part of the list that hasn't been announced but still seems like they are happy with what they have

It would not surprise me. They did spend a 3rd round pick on Bernard just one year ago. Maybe between him, Klein, Dodson and Spector someone steps up. 

I think we'll see a lot of 1 LB usage anyway with Rapp playing that Hybrid role.