2023 Bills Offseason Discussion

Nick

Beane talked yesterday and wasnt high on the draft saying not many prospects grading out as 1st rd picks. Also mentioned about trading down over trading up at this point. It is that time of year for smoke and mirrors just thought it was interesting to hear him say that trading down is an option.

On 4/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, soflbillsfan said:

This one is a head scratcher as he is a 1st rd pick and CB is one position that I feel the most confident in going in to the season

Think it could be a case of doing their homework incase they can't trade down and want to truly take the BPA. 

Dane Jackson only on a one year deal and White still remains a bit of question mark on how he'll fully return.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Would love him. Could start at Guard as a rookie and be the C next year. 27 is probably too early and 59 may be too late....I think Beane is hoping to get more picks in the early to mid 2nd round. Come on Lions. 

I wouldn’t mind going OL for our first two picks. I know people want to add weapons for Josh, but this is such a weak year for WR. There isn’t a single WR I like at 27. Way too many undersized WR that are either slot only or have limited skill sets. This is a deep TE class, but I don’t see us ever really running enough 12 personnel to justify taking a TE in the early rounds. I think our focus should be in the trenches with our first 2-3 picks.

16 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I wouldn’t mind going OL for our first two picks. I know people want to add weapons for Josh, but this is such a weak year for WR. There isn’t a single WR I like at 27. Way too many undersized WR that are either slot only or have limited skill sets. This is a deep TE class, but I don’t see us ever really running enough 12 personnel to justify taking a TE in the early rounds. I think our focus should be in the trenches with our first 2-3 picks.

I don’t necessarily agree about wide receiver, but I am definitely on board in investing high picks, multiple in the OL.

I think for tight end, Dorsey wants to run more 12 personnel, but didn’t have the bodies last year to do it

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I don’t necessarily agree about wide receiver, but I am definitely on board in investing high picks, multiple in the OL.

I think for tight end, Dorsey wants to run more 12 personnel, but didn’t have the bodies last year to do it

The reason I think 12 personnel is unlikely is because Josh Allen has never targeted tight ends very much. Knox signed a big deal and was severely under utilized and Josh hasn’t targeted him nearly enough. I don’t think it would be smart based off of past history and Josh’s history of not targeting Knox enough to add a premium pick on a TE. Also with how deep the TE class is I think we can get a steal in round 4-5.

2 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

The reason I think 12 personnel is unlikely is because Josh Allen has never targeted tight ends very much. Knox signed a big deal and was severely under utilized and Josh hasn’t targeted him nearly enough. I don’t think it would be smart based off of past history and Josh’s history of not targeting Knox enough to add a premium pick on a TE. Also with how deep the TE class is I think we can get a steal in round 4-5.

I think he’s probably on avg or above avg for targeted TE tbh. Last season he was 3rd in targets and the year before he was 4th with one less target than Sanders. 

I don’t want to go TE on day 1 either as I agree the class looks deep and a starter could be had in the middle rounds. But it wouldn’t surprise me to see an uptick in 12 personnel that not only helps the run game but usually gives the WR outside one on one coverage