2023 Bills Offseason Discussion

Nick

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

It’s an interesting pick to say the least. Going to need a full commitment from Dorsey and staff to make the pick valuable 

He better or his job will be in serious jeopardy. I don’t hate the player, but just didn’t see the value enough to trade up. Also doesn’t make sense since we paid Knox a lot of dough and now he will be pretty much an inline tight end which isn’t why you pay a tight end premium money.

Just now, Billsfaninptown said:

He better or his job will be in serious jeopardy. I don’t hate the player, but just didn’t see the value enough to trade up. Also doesn’t make sense since we paid Knox a lot of dough and now he will be pretty much an inline tight end which isn’t why you pay a tight end premium money.

Oh Dorsey is definitely on the hot seat lol. 

I don’t see any issue with the Knox deal. He’s TE1 and his role really won’t change IMO.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Oh Dorsey is definitely on the hot seat lol. 

I don’t see any issue with the Knox deal. He’s TE1 and his role really won’t change IMO.

Can Kincaid play inline of Knox gets hurt? Because if he can’t or is a liability that leaves us with Morris who I am not sure can play inline.

2 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Can Kincaid play inline of Knox gets hurt? Because if he can’t or is a liability that leaves us with Morris who I am not sure can play inline.

I’ve seen people say he can and others say he’s more of a “willing blocker than dominant”

Just saw this from Simms 

I think Boras can get him coached to go Inline as needed. Same as Gilliam 

49 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’ve seen people say he can and others say he’s more of a “willing blocker than dominant”

Just saw this from Simms 

I think Boras can get him coached to go Inline as needed. Same as Gilliam 

If he can add like 10-15 pounds he could be a pretty good blocker, but right now even if he's willing, he's not gonna be doing much.

I’ll say this about Kincaid. Similar to Isaiah Likely (guys are the exact same weight coming out) last draft cycle blocking was not viewed as a strong suit for Likely but the effort and desire was there. Likely (I know he didn’t have the most snaps) was the highest graded Run Blocker at TE in the NFL last season by PFF. So if the desire is there and he can be coached up there is really a good chance he could become solid there. And even if he is used as a big slot type that blocking is valuable against nickels and safeties in thinned out boxes. 

The pick to me is meh...Value of landing the top TE in the draft was good and its finally an offensive player but to give up a 4th for a position that was under utilized last year by dorsey after overpaying for knox is a concern. Some say that Dorsey and Kromer used 12 man formations in the past and are familiar with it but I did not see anything like that last year. WHile I know you need the proper personnel it just goes against everything the bills have built offensively the past couple of years. To me this is something Dorsey needs to make sure to utilize this year because if not fans will be calling for his head if the offense under values the TE spot. You can claim he is a slot WR but hes not hes a TE may fill in at the slot spot but he is still a TE. This is the issue I am having, if hes utilized fantastic home run pick but if it is anything we have seen in year 1 with dorsey then the pick is an utter failure. We shall see I wont knock the pick nor cheer for it until next offseason.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

The pick to me is meh...Value of landing the top TE in the draft was good and its finally an offensive player but to give up a 4th for a position that was under utilized last year by dorsey after overpaying for knox is a concern. Some say that Dorsey and Kromer used 12 man formations in the past and are familiar with it but I did not see anything like that last year. WHile I know you need the proper personnel it just goes against everything the bills have built offensively the past couple of years. To me this is something Dorsey needs to make sure to utilize this year because if not fans will be calling for his head if the offense under values the TE spot. You can claim he is a slot WR but hes not hes a TE may fill in at the slot spot but he is still a TE. This is the issue I am having, if hes utilized fantastic home run pick but if it is anything we have seen in year 1 with dorsey then the pick is an utter failure. We shall see I wont knock the pick nor cheer for it until next offseason.

General consensus that I have seen is that no one questions the players skill set. It's his usage and the teams commitment to it.

Like you said, it's all on Dorsey now. Bills need a homerun pick in this draft and it can definitely be Kincaid, but if not, Dorsey is out of a job. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

General consensus that I have seen is that no one questions the players skill set. It's his usage and the teams commitment to it.

Like you said, it's all on Dorsey now. Bills need a homerun pick in this draft and it can definitely be Kincaid, but if not, Dorsey is out of a job. 

I also think Josh Allen has to improve at utilizing the middle of the field more and taking the easy throws when they are there. I do think the top goal for Beane was to give Josh more weapons and when the run on wide receivers came Beane likely thought Kincaid was the last first round graded weapon remaining and didn’t want to miss out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I also think Josh Allen has to improve at utilizing the middle of the field more and taking the easy throws when they are there. I do think the top goal for Beane was to give Josh more weapons and when the run on wide receivers came Beane likely thought Kincaid was the last first round graded weapon remaining and didn’t want to miss out.

If Kincaid becomes our new Beasley in regards to usage of the middle of the field then I am A okay with this selection.