2023 Bills Offseason Discussion

Nick

Kincaid is a better Zach Ertz. Utah put him in nearly every position possible so there isn't much he can't do. He's not a bad blocker and gives good effort, he's just so good with the ball in his hands you want him running routes. I believe he had 2 drops in 102 catches in the last two years. Simms had him as a top 10 player nearly top 5 in this draft. Allen just got his new favorite target. Elite hands and route running.

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Beane just throws third round picks away every year.

That seems like recency bias lol

Harrison Phillips, Singletary, Spencer Brown and before the ankle injury Zack Moss were all major contributors and/or starters

edit: and how could I forget Dawson Knox 

Now that the draft is over it still seems to have some needs. My one question is will Gabe Davis be a guy the bills look to extend? If not what about this scenario, they trade him with one of the 6th rd comps in 2024 for Hopkins. Have Hopkins sign a 3 year deal which after year 2 it is voided. Have Shorter develop in to the role that Davis had with guys like Brown and Sanders giving hopkins time to rest if needed. Then when those 2 years is up you move on from him and have shorter as the #2 guy while finding a way to land the #1 wr of the future next year or the year after. I love Gabe his inconsistency is frustrating but want him to stay, the only reason I pose this question is because if you are not expecting him to be extended next offseason then a trade at which you can upgrade the WR in a more consistent spot why not make the hopkins move. I think Shakir and Kincaid will be dealing with the slot the entire season with sprinkles of Harty and Sheffield in 4 wr sets. 

Defense DT is something I would like to bring in for a shot at a spot and Chris Wormley would be my top choice. Also would be nice to look at a pass rusher in the meantime in the event Von isnt 100% week 1, two guys who are still in the prime (late side of the prime) would be Yannick and Clark. 

Outside of that I think the bills are ready to go at the moment. The one thing I am still disappointed in and know that it would be impossible to fill in at starter at this late in the offseason is RT. I think not finding a RT early on in the draft or in FA will cost the bills at some point in the season, Spencer has had 2 years and that position not only caused injury to Allens elbow by ques but Hilton let Allen up in the playoffs. Teams are seeing the tape and they will continue to pick on RT whether it is Brown or Ques at the position. I expect alot of corner blitzes coming from that side