Giants Offseason Talk

Acgott

12 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I'm intrigued by Parris Campbell tbh. Need someone who can take the top off the D. Slayton just drops too many in that role.

He's toward the top of my list as well. Think he has the best shot to become a really good #2 without breaking the bank. Has the speed and good with the ball in his hands. Can't see the Colts re-signing him with Pittman and Pierce there. 

12 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

They’d easily get at least a fourth. He’s a year removed from back to back 1K yard seasons. And then all of a sudden they were a run first football team with no running game so Mills and Co looked awful. 

If Cooks regained form, he’d look awful nice in this offense. 

Cooks is going to be moved for cheap if the Texans decide they don't want to take on any of his contract, and for a late 2nd/3rd if they do decide to take on some of it.

I'm with Acgott, we should stay away from Cooks. Hell, I'd stay away from Hopkins too. I see pipe dreams of Tee Higgins and Aiyuk out there, but no way in hell are those guys getting traded. We need to draft WRs, which right now is the only way to get cheap elite WR talent. The market for receivers is through the roof right now, which is good for them, but bad for any team with a need at that position (most teams). 

We need to draft 2-3 WRs in this draft, and there really should be no debate on that. 1 in the first 2 rounds and 1 in the mid rounds at least.

• Like 1

Why would the Bengals trade Tee Higgins? He’s a 24 year old WR. The Bengals have the 4th most cap space, right behind the Giants. They are going for a Super Bowl next season, they will be stupid to trade him just because he’s in the final year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Yea saw the Tee Higgins stuff going around on Twitter yesterday. People saying they would offer the 25th and a 3rd for him. I think he's good enough to be our #1 but I just don't see Cincy wanting to break up that duo even for that price.

The Benals are built off the backs of those 3 receivers and Burrow. If they lose one of those 4, then they have to assemble a whole OL, something they already tried to do by throwing tons of money at it to no affect. Their offense is built around at least one of those 3 guys winning and Burrow finding them before he gets sacked. No way in hell they get rid of Higgins. Also, Cincinnati has just as much cap space as we do! It's not like they are in a Saints/Eagles situation. They can absolutely afford to keep him, and I expect them too.

22 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The Benals are built off the backs of those 3 receivers and Burrow. If they lose one of those 4, then they have to assemble a whole OL, something they already tried to do by throwing tons of money at it to no affect. Their offense is built around at least one of those 3 guys winning and Burrow finding them before he gets sacked. No way in hell they get rid of Higgins. Also, Cincinnati has just as much cap space as we do! It's not like they are in a Saints/Eagles situation. They can absolutely afford to keep him, and I expect them too.

There line was much better before everyone fell apart. I could see them going after another Guard like Isaac Seumalo 

18 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

There line was much better before everyone fell apart. I could see them going after another Guard like Isaac Seumalo 

Eh, they really weren't. They treated last offseason like a Madden offseason, just signing the perceived highest rated players without any regards for ultimately creating a cohesive unit. The best their OL may have looked all season was in the divisional round against Buffalo when they were playing mostly backups (most of whom they drafted and developed and have a rapport with each other).

But I agree about them potentially going after more OL. They've got about the same amount of cap space we do and way, way less holes. They can spend that money on outside players. 

20 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Using a first round pick on a tight end is normally not a good idea, but picking at 25 could make it a bit more palatable. I know people love Michael Mayer, but boy do I love Darnell Washington. He's a freak.

Eh. Not a huge fan. He's a really good blocker, but he's offered absolutely nothing as a receiver. Doesn't run routes well and gets like 0 separation which is odd for someone as fast & quick as he is. 

Reminds me a ton of the JPP of TEs honestly. 

Would rather just give Bellinger the chance to improve than just draft a developmental guy.