The Lamar offseason talk thread

diamondbull424

11 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Wonder if this would involved 22. My gut says no given the Ravens already lacking picks. I don't think the compensation will be as steep as it seems like it should be. 

Unless it's a swap of of 22 for 34, Hopkins, and some additional pick from the Cards- then there's no way. 

I'd expect like a 4th this year and a conditional pick next year.

For the fans who really want to see this move though, I wouldn't let a tweet from @theNFLChick.... get your hopes up. The only true insiders are those who have access to players, agents, and/or contacts within a club's FO. The only person we've seen actually break news of a Ravens trade before the majors(Rap, Schefter) was Barstool Banks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

For the fans who really want to see this move though, I wouldn't let a tweet from @theNFLChick.... get your hopes up. The only true insiders are those who have access to players, agents, and/or contacts within a club's FO. The only person we've seen actually break news of a Ravens trade before the majors(Rap, Schefter) was Barstool Banks.

She's legit she's not just a nobody. She's very connected with baltimore sports.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

She's legit she's not just a nobody. She's very connected with baltimore sports.

If that is the case, it would still be prudent for everyone to remain calm until something is official. Prematurely picturing Nuk in purple & black only for him to go to another team on draft night might send some of our over zealous fans into a nuclear state. 

• Like 2

Just now, DreamKid said:

If that is the case, it would still be prudent for everyone to remain calm until something is official. Prematurely picturing Nuk in purple & black only for him to go to another team on draft night might send some of our over zealous fans into a nuclear state. 

I'm already there though, there's no going back

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 12:24 PM, DreamKid said:

Look at how stupid Tony Jefferson is-

It's always fascinating to me how some fans/3rd party observers break under the emotional drain of negotiations they aren't involved in. 

'The Ravens and Lamar are negotiating' = "Oh my god we're in a full rebuild!!! Just tank already!!!"

^^^^Have to bump this to double down on my excellent point.

• Like 1