Patriots hire Bill O’Brien as OC

Soko

Probably worth noting, BOB’s one and only season as OC in NE they 13-3, went to the Super Bowl and Brady broke Marino’s 1984 single season passing record. He is a popular pick for the Pats fans, not least because his personality and profile means he won’t just be a Belichick yes guy.

• Like 1

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Hey I think it is a solid hire. Guy knows QBs and actually is an offensive coach. Can't be worse than what they had!

Nothing can be worse than Patricia. He didn't know how to coach offense. He coached it all like it was theory without understanding what they needed to do situationally. So he became too predictable. 

5 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Obviously Bill was never going to hire some young whiz-kid while one of his old cronies was available - still, can’t be worse than last year. As I understand it, BOB was a pretty good offensive mind, right? Just a terrible HC/GM.

I mean if I coached Tom Brady I would be labeled a pretty good offensive mind as well.   I feel bad for Pats fans.  Bama fans in Alabama right now rejoicing.  

• Like 2