Patriots hire Bill O’Brien as OC

Soko

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

I'm still mindfawked they thought it was a good idea to hire a defensive guy who sucked as a head coach as their offensive coordinator in year 2 of Mac Jones.

Bill Belichick is a fantastic coach, terrible decision maker. 

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I mean if I coached Tom Brady I would be labeled a pretty good offensive mind as well.   I feel bad for Pats fans.  Bama fans in Alabama right now rejoicing.  

Tell that to Byron Leftwich.

On topic, pleased but not super pleased. Would have preferred a young guy just for some dynamism, but BoB is a pretty good offensive mind for all his inability as a GM. He has at least called plays before, so he’s an instant upgrade.

• Like 1

Honestly his play calling was kind of stale at Alabama.  This year that offensive line really struggled with a lot of returning starters and talent on it, the passing game was weak also and a lot of receivers who had ability did not get the ball or opportunities.  And that was with Bryce Young at QB, cannot imagine what it would have looked like without him at QB most of the way.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tab said:

If BoB has a million haters I am one of them. If BoB has ten haters I am one of them. If BoB has no haters, that means I am no more on the earth. If the World is with BoB I am against the World

You’re never alone, friend.

Animated GIF

tom hiddleston loki GIF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChazStandard said:
12 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I mean if I coached Tom Brady I would be labeled a pretty good offensive mind as well.   I feel bad for Pats fans.  Bama fans in Alabama right now rejoicing.  

Tell that to Byron Leftwich.

There’s a slight difference between 43 year old Tom Brady and 33 year old Tom Brady… Father Time is undefeated and we’re finally seeing him take a few bites out of Brady.

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There’s a slight difference between 43 year old Tom Brady and 33 year old Tom Brady… Father Time is undefeated and we’re finally seeing him take a few bites out of Brady.

You also have to wonder how much of Tampa's success was because of Arians and how much was because of Leftwich. The fact that they were 1st in pass attempts and last in rushing attempts with a 45 year old Tom Brady was weird.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Lol we loved him. He was the last coach Brady had that people still called him a system qb

55 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I mean we've seen him make one billion decisions, of course some of them don't pan out well

There's making a billion decisions and then making a defensive coordinator your offensive one simply because he's one of your guys.

It's the equivalent of the Texans taking football advice from a former preacher and eventual interim GM because he was just around the locker room long enough and had connections.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xmad said:

There's making a billion decisions and then making a defensive coordinator your offensive one simply because he's one of your guys.

It's the equivalent of the Texans taking football advice from a former preacher and eventual interim GM because he was just around the locker room long enough and had connections.

Yes it was a bad decision. There's quite a few more good decisions than bad, no matter how bad Matt Patricia is at everything he does.

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Yes it was a bad decision. There's quite a few more good decisions than bad, no matter how bad Matt Patricia is at everything he does.

With Tom Brady under center yes, since he left.....not as many.

• Like 1